PDA

View Full Version : Left arm/Chest pain at work

Orange Lightning
27-12-12, 16:46
Just while I was at work 2 hours ago, I experienced a rush of pain up my left arm, through my shoulder and into the left side of my chest. As it happened I got a moment of sweating and my chest has felt tight ever since. Furthermore I got another rush on the right side in almost the same way - bypassing the shoulder.

I can't convince anyone it was serious, not even my parents who are sick of hearing my complaints. I just got back from A&E the day before with a clear ECG and Chest X-Ray; have they just missed the warning signs of a heart attack?! I can see a doctor tomorrow afternoon, but will I be too late by then?

vicky23
27-12-12, 16:54
if you've been to a and e, you really just need to trust them! they know what they're doing! Another Dr saying it's not a heart attack is unlikely to convince you either- there'll always be a doubt. I know it's horrible and very difficult to reassure yourself but being scared will not stop you having a heart attack so try to distract yourself and see if the pain goes.

Anxious_gal
28-12-12, 02:44
Hey, a shooting pain may be a nerve.
I get shooting pains from my ear, through, through my chest.

I also had a bad ache in my arm and neck which also felt like it was being squeezed.
I panicked with that lol so off to the doctor who said my muscles were way too tight.
I could barely turn my neck.
Anyways I was fine ;)

It might be tennis elbow type thing. Or due to how you were sitting.
I have often gotten strange pains in chest and shoulders when using the computer along with sharpies pains in my hands and arm.

If you stretch out, you can usually feel the difference.
If it was a heart thing the pain would have gotten worse.
From the sounds of it, it didn't last very long.

From the outside, to your family you look perfectly ok!
I mean you're walking, talking and it's not like you appear to be having a heart attack or some other kind if illness.

I know though inside you don't feel ok, it all feels so real and scary and you worry that if you maybe don't get help right now sonething bad will happen.
It sucks to be feeling so bad and yet everything around is going on as normal.
It can feel like you're silently screaming.
I know it can be a very lonely place.

If it happens again streach!
I was on a bus when my hands suddenly went numb.
Cue the panic. But I noticed when I stretched and rotated my shoulders the numbness improved. So I put two and two together and figured it was just a trapped or compressed nerve due to how I was sitting.

The racing heart, fear, adrenaline, anxiety. It's normal :)
The tight chest, same thing, when your heart beats fastest it can make the chest feel right but also maybe your chest muscles tensed up a bit.
It's common to sweat too, or to break out in a sweat, suddenly feel too hot and your face goes red.

Did you drink enough and eat enough that day? Thst makes me more prone to anxiety.