PDA

View Full Version : A more positive 2013...hopefully!

Annie0904
27-12-12, 16:49
Well I survived Christmas with 14 guests and today have been to a family funeral (My step son in laws mother) and I coped really well with only the usual emotions that would be expected from anyone at a funeral. I don't think I have been really over anxious for over a week now so hopefully I can look forward to a happier New Year. I am still feeling tired a lot and on my higher dose of medication. I have also bought myself a new book that someone on here recommended 'The mindful way through Depression' and also a book on natural HRT. I am hoping these will help me to have a more positive 2013

vitabelle
27-12-12, 17:14
well done you :) x

Sparkle1984
27-12-12, 17:18
Well done, I hope you will have a better 2013. :D

Annie0904
27-12-12, 17:23
I hope we can all have a better 2013 :hugs::hugs:

Tessar
27-12-12, 19:43
Well I survived Christmas with 14 guests and today have been to a family funeral (My step son in laws mother) and I coped really well with only the usual emotions that would be expected from anyone at a funeral. I don't think I have been really over anxious for over a week now so hopefully I can look forward to a happier New Year. I am still feeling tired a lot and on my higher dose of medication. I have also bought myself a new book that someone on here recommended 'The mindful way through Depression' and also a book on natural HRT. I am hoping these will help me to have a more positive 2013
I dont know how you did it, annie. getting thro xmas and having to go to a funeral today. that's a huge achievement. i like it that you can reflect on maybe the last week or so & can recognise improvement. i suppose it's all part of our up & down lives really. Mindfulness is something I havent really looked into that much but from what I have seen already it is good. I would reckon it'll be a good read. I find self-help books really calming. Also sometimes it helps me unpick why I react to certain situations in the way that I do. You'll have to let us know what you think. Natural HRT, that sounds interesting too. I'm with you and everyone else on the "more positive 2013".

starlight78
27-12-12, 19:54
Hi Annie,

So glad to hear things have been going a bit better for you. Wishing everyone lots of luck and happiness for 2013 x x

Col
27-12-12, 20:01
ahh Annie glad you got to the funeral & got through it ok xxxx

Annie0904
27-12-12, 20:03
ahh Annie glad you got to the funeral & got through it ok xxxx

It was a bit heart wrenching seeing my step son in law so upset but I got through it..shows you can be strong when you have to be.

BobbyDog
28-12-12, 08:02
I hope 2013 is a kinder year to you Annie. You did so well to get through the funeral when you are struggling so much yourself. It is very difficult to see the ones you lover suffering.

xxx

Annie0904
28-12-12, 14:19
Thank you BobbyDog I wish you all the best for 2013 too. x

---------- Post added at 10:53 ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 ----------

My goal today is to take my little kitten to the vets for his injections and microchip.

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 ----------

I survived the vets! My little kitten Ryuu was so good when he got his microchip in :D

SLjimbo
28-12-12, 19:21
I hope we can all have a better 2013 :hugs::hugs:

Hear hear! :D

swgrl09
28-12-12, 20:04
Wow, Annie, you are doing really well! Here's to a good new year for all of us!

Annie0904
28-12-12, 20:47
Here's to a good new year for all of us!

I really hope so :yesyes:

---------- Post added at 20:47 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

My new kitten Ryuu, helping me to cope! :) https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/163374_10152350335555587_729688856_n.jpg

MelinaJane
28-12-12, 21:11
Glad christmas went well for you Annie - i thought of you with your 14 guests on christmas day! Sounds like your really on a roll at the moment :)

Your kitten is gorgeous by the way :D

Annie0904
28-12-12, 21:15
Thanks Melina Jane. I am trying to keep a positive attitude. My kitten is so mischievous...he just tried to drink my horlicks and realised it was hot, jumped back and fell off the table! At least he keeps me laughing :D

MelinaJane
28-12-12, 21:19
Aw bless him - he sounds like a real cheeky chappy! I have 2 guinea pigs that keep me sane when Mr Anxiety comes knocking :)

Annie0904
28-12-12, 21:32
Aw bless him - he sounds like a real cheeky chappy! I have 2 guinea pigs that keep me sane when Mr Anxiety comes knocking :)

We had Guinea pigs when my daughter was small. I took her to see Santa when she was 7 and she asked him for an Iguana. I was stood behind her shaking my head so Santa told her he wouldn't be able to get one. She then asked for a Boa Constrictor instead! She settled for 2 Guinea pigs eventually!

AuntieMoosie
28-12-12, 23:34
Annie I think you've done brilliantly, you should be very proud hun :)

There is no way I could have entertained 14 people.........I would have been climbing the walls :wacko:

Funerals are not nice things either and you did that too :yesyes:

I so hope that 2013 proves to be a much better year for us all :) :hugs:

Annie0904
29-12-12, 12:25
I start my intense psychotherapy sessions on 15th January so I am preparing myself for the fact that I may have to get worse before I can get better but hope it works for me. x

Arose
29-12-12, 20:42
Psychotherapy is excellent. It has helped me so much, wish I had started it sooner. I've spend 8 years (since i was 13) seeing professionals but none of them could help me. The psychotherapist I have now actually knows what to do with me:D

Magic
29-12-12, 20:49
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ANNIE may 2013 be kind to you xxx

Annie0904
29-12-12, 21:22
Psychotherapy is excellent. It has helped me so much, wish I had started it sooner. I've spend 8 years (since i was 13) seeing professionals but none of them could help me. The psychotherapist I have now actually knows what to do with me:D

I really hope this will work for me. I have had counselling and CBT before. The CBT helped a bit but then I was told I needed more intense psychotherapy.

---------- Post added at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:08 ----------

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ANNIE may 2013 be kind to you xxx

Thank you and hope it will be kind to you also xx

---------- Post added at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:09 ----------

Someone just put this on facebook https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/564836_388350017918539_1823769985_n.jpg

AuntieMoosie
29-12-12, 23:34
Annie I think you'll find the psychotherapy will really help you in the long run hun :)

I had 4 years of it, 3 which were one to one and 1 which was in a group setting.

It is sometimes emotionally painful, but it is just sooooo worth it in the end hun.

Let us know how you get on throughout your treatment, I'll be here to support you hun :) :hugs:

panickyme
29-12-12, 23:49
Awww Annie, I am so happy you made it through Christmas with all of your guest. I also made it with the 17 I don't know how, but I did. I'm glad it is over. (and why do I clean like a crazy lady right before they all come, just to do it again when they all leave.) I think I set myself up sometimes for aggravation. Anyway I wish you, and all on here the Happiest, Healthy, anxiety free, New Year ever!!!!! :hugs:

Annie0904
30-12-12, 00:00
Thank you Auntie moosie I am sure I will need support when the time comes. Debbie I started to clean before my guests arrived then thought what a waste of time it would be so I did a quick tidy up and cleaned when they left.:) xx

Tessar
30-12-12, 09:03
Thanks Melina Jane. I am trying to keep a positive attitude. My kitten is so mischievous...he just tried to drink my horlicks and realised it was hot, jumped back and fell off the table! At least he keeps me laughing :D
that's what's so brilliant about animals they can make us laugh as well as being great companions.

Annie0904
30-12-12, 12:19
I woke up this morning and told my husband I am not going to let this anxiety rule my life any more. I read the book 'Life of Pi' a while ago and have actually booked tickets to see it at 2.15 today! I have my cbt4panic booklet in my bag and a diazepam just in case!

MelinaJane
30-12-12, 13:20
You go girl!! :yesyes:
Hero to us all xxx

panickyme
30-12-12, 13:50
Annie enjoy your day out with your family, let us know how it went. :hugs:

Annie0904
30-12-12, 18:11
I survived the cinema without Diazepam :D I have to say that I did not feel anxious at all and really enjoyed the film. It was quite interesting on the way home as I mentioned a time when the children where little and we went to the cinema with my ex (father of my children). I had remembered how he complained to the manager that he had expected the film to be on the largest screen and it wasn't so he demanded his money back. I was trying to explain that the children wouldn't mind and just wanted to see Snow White! I ended up taking them into the film while he stormed off and got the money for his ticket back. My son who went with us today said "I am not surprised you are so anxious about going places Mam because something like that happened just about every time we went out, he always spoilt it and made a scene" He is right..and maybe that is where my anxiety off going places came from. As far as my kids are concerned my husband now is their Dad and they call him Dad.

Tessar
30-12-12, 18:41
wow annie you did really well. That's quite something for your son to say what he did too, I am really impressed. This demonstrates that he is confident in his relationship with you & able to speak freely. I really like that. I'm so pleased that things have turned out so well with your current my husband. For your kids to consider him their Dad & to call him that too is just brilliant. I do like happy families so it's just great reading your post. It's made me smile.

Annie0904
30-12-12, 18:57
Thank you Tessar. My husband is wonderful so much different to my ex and my kids have done really well in spite of everything that happened in the past. My youngest especially, he often talks to me about my ex (his real Dad) and it hurts him to see how he affected my life and is so supportive in helping me to progress. His girlfriend has a degree in Psychology so that helps! All my kids had counselling when we first left my ex but I was so busy trying to make sure they had stability in their lives that I think I forgot about my own and it all hit me in last few years, even though I have been happily married now for 14 years. I guess it all has to come out at some point in our lives. At least I am starting to see what and how things have affected me, I just need to learn to deal with them and move on.

MissHDynamite
30-12-12, 21:14
Annie, Annie, Annie, what a great day you've had :D and I second everything that Tess said. I am so pleased for you. You are absolutely right about it all having to come out at some point.. hopefully by the time we're all 60 we'll be sorted :ohmy: lol x

Annie0904
30-12-12, 21:15
Annie, Annie, Annie, what a great day you've had :D and I second everything that Tess said. I am so pleased for you. You are absolutely right about it all having to come out at some point.. hopefully by the time we're all 60 we'll be sorted :ohmy: lol x

We are planning on the best retirement ever then? :D

Tessar
31-12-12, 10:40
IF THERE WAS A "LIKE" BUTTON, I'D CLICK IT MissH.

We are planning on the best retirement ever then? :D
DEFINITELY

Lucinda07
31-12-12, 11:15
Its good that you've survived a hectic Xmas, attending the funeral and your anxiety is manageable. Good luck for 2013 with the books - I would like to know the title of the one about Natural HRT.

Annie0904
31-12-12, 12:20
Its good that you've survived a hectic Xmas, attending the funeral and your anxiety is manageable. Good luck for 2013 with the books - I would like to know the title of the one about Natural HRT.

HR & the Natural alternatives by Jan Clark

I went to the supermarket today all by myself!! I needed some washing tablets and that is all I went for but ended up spending £100!!! :ohmy: ...oh and they didn't have the washing powder tablets :huh: Think I need to keep anxious then I won't spend so much.

Tessar
31-12-12, 12:25
HR & the Natural alternatives by Jan Clark

I went to the supermarket today all by myself!! I needed some washing tablets and that is all I went for but ended up spending £100!!! :ohmy: ...oh and they didn't have the washing powder tablets :huh: Think I need to keep anxious then I won't spend so much.
i cant believe how much you spent, mind you, when feeding a family....

Annie0904
31-12-12, 12:28
i cant believe how much you spent, mind you, when feeding a family....

The problem is only £30 of it was food! I have however done quite a bit of Christmas shopping for next year :D I have to start it early because we have such a big family and they had 70% :)

panickyme
31-12-12, 13:39
ANNIE............. lol you were having fun!!!!! Good for you, very happy for you! :)

Annie0904
31-12-12, 13:49
I even made it through the check out with no panic! (until she told me the amount I had spent :roflmao:)

panickyme
31-12-12, 13:56
LMAO, I told you before they really broke the mold after they made you!!!!! You crack me up. So proud of just how far you have come in such a short time. (keep up the good work!) and Happy New Year to you. :bighug1:

Tessar
31-12-12, 14:11
LMAO, I told you before they really broke the mold after they made you!!!!! You crack me up. So proud of just how far you have come in such a short time. (keep up the good work!) and Happy New Year to you. :bighug1:
yes i'm laughing at these posts too.

Annie0904
31-12-12, 14:17
yes i'm laughing at these posts too.

When I came home I threw all my bags in the porch then shouted my son to help me. He said "What on earth have you been buying?" I said "Well put it this way, if I die this year there is plenty here that I will put in the loft and you can all go up and choose your Christmas presents next year" :roflmao:)

jayjoe18
31-12-12, 14:38
That's really good to hear, congratulations! Wishing you all the best for 2013 x

Annie0904
31-12-12, 15:08
That's really good to hear, congratulations! Wishing you all the best for 2013 x

You too Jayjoe :) x

AuntieMoosie
31-12-12, 16:31
Annie you're doing brilliantly :yesyes:

LOL.....you're just like me......cos when I do venture out, I like to have a spend up too........my partner always goes a whiter shade of pale if I see we're going to any shops :winks: I think it's where it's such a novelty to be out shopping that we just like to make the most of it......and in anyway, you so deserve to have a good time when you're out and about hun......and retail therapy is a must.......it should be on prescription as a damn good therapy :roflmao:

The psychotherapy that you're about to start will help you deal with all your past issues hun, like I said, it is sometimes emotionally painful and you will need lots of support along the way, but it is soooooo worth it, you get to understand "you and how you work" I just cannot fault it :) :yesyes: :hugs:

Annie0904
31-12-12, 16:45
Aww Thank you Auntie Mooosie that has made me feel so much better about the psychotherapy, I am a bit nervous about it. x

Annie0904
03-01-13, 16:48
have been doing really well until last night when I couldn't remember where I had put the vegetable peeler. How silly am I getting anxious over a vegetable peeler, I didn't even need it but I was almost in tears because I couldn't find it. Eventually found it but then only got 3 hours sleep. I managed to get to the local SPAR today for bread and onions (I got what I went for and nothing else this time :) ). Got home and now feeling really anxious and tearful again :(

Tessar
03-01-13, 16:59
i lost the cables for our printer..... i'd put them "somewhere safe" which of course meant "no hope of finding them". AFter an hour of looking my partner finally found them for me....i hadnt put them away, they were buried under some xmas pressies. doh. My achievement in all this was that I didnt get angry so that was good. Pre-CBT I wuld have got really angry so even after several years, its still working.

Elle-Kay
03-01-13, 17:02
It happens to us all Annie - I had a total meltdown a while ago which ended in floods of tears sitting on the carpet, all because I couldn't find my photography scale lol

Annie0904
03-01-13, 17:18
I am pleased it isn't just me. My hubby was saying we will find it tomorrow and I was saying "I will never sleep if I can't find it"! I found it and still couldn't sleep! I feel really weepy again tonight, so exhausted. I have someone coming for a massage at 7pm and I really don't want to cancel as I had to cancel last time.

starlight78
03-01-13, 17:18
I'm feeling on edge today after a good sart to the new year. I'm generally doing a bit better, but with some big old wobbles!
It's weird but 5pm -7pm is always my most difficult time. Knowing that helps a bit. Fore armed and fore warned!

Happy New Year Annie - I hope 2013 is ful of the happiness you deserve x x

Annie0904
03-01-13, 17:27
Mornings are usually the worst for me but I was fine this morning. Mind you I was talking to a 'friend' on messenger and he was asking how I was. I told him I was feeling a bit anxious again so he said "Well maybe you should be in a mental hospital"! His wife has been in and out of psychiatric hospital most of their married life but mainly because she has been either a danger to herself or others.

Annie0904
03-01-13, 21:39
Pleased I didn't cancel the massage tonight, I feel so much better for doing it. I think having to concentrate has helped me to relax and I mixed relaxing oils so that I could benefit from them also :)

Annie0904
06-01-13, 22:17
Big day for me tomorrow. Going with a friend to take my son back after his Christmas visit. 1 hour journey there and 1 hour back. A little nervous about it.

Janine
06-01-13, 22:30
Good Luck Annie, you can do it xx

Annie0904
06-01-13, 22:52
Thank you Janine xx

Tessar
07-01-13, 09:19
Big day for me tomorrow. Going with a friend to take my son back after his Christmas visit. 1 hour journey there and 1 hour back. A little nervous about it.
how did it go, annie?

Annie0904
07-01-13, 18:22
I survived. I was anxious while waiting for my friend to pick us up and my bladder was working overtime! Does any one else have to go to the loo about 5 times before a journey?! Journey to my sons was good, had a cup of tea before setting off back. Went into Leeds city centre to see my friends son, then back home. I was totally calm all the time even when my friend was getting a bit stressed when we got lost in Leeds :). Came home, gave my friend an aromatherapy massage and still feeling fine :)

Tessar
07-01-13, 19:20
I survived. I was anxious while waiting for my friend to pick us up and my bladder was working overtime! Does any one else have to go to the loo about 5 times before a journey?! Journey to my sons was good, had a cup of tea before setting off back. Went into Leeds city centre to see my friends son, then back home. I was totally calm all the time even when my friend was getting a bit stressed when we got lost in Leeds :). Came home, gave my friend an aromatherapy massage and still feeling fine :)
That's brilliant!:yesyes:

Annie0904
07-01-13, 19:29
Starting to feel really tired and have a stomach ache now but I always seem to have to pay for a good day out in some way. :)

Janine
07-01-13, 20:00
I told you that you could do it, I am like that with the loo too before I go on a journey.

You sound like you had a good day and kept calm, really good progress xx

---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

Just seen your last post, you are tired because you have done something you have not done for a long while and it is mentally exhausting as well and the tummy if it is anything like mine is IBS and it can come on in a second.

Anyway you should be proud xxx

Annie0904
07-01-13, 20:05
Yes I have ibs and it started after I had dinner tonight. I am having some chamomile tea to see if it settles it. A couple of weeks ago I couldn't even get to the post office so I have done well. My goal tomorrow is to get to the post office! thank you Janine xx

Janine
07-01-13, 20:14
You will get there, peppermint tea is good for IBS too. xxx

Annie0904
07-01-13, 20:17
I have some peppermint tea in the cupboard as well. I also use aloe vera juice but have run out...need to get some more x

Annie0904
08-01-13, 14:03
Today is just one of those days!! Didn't feel too good when I first woke up (nothing unusual there!). managed to get to the post office and small local supermarket on my own. My phone wasn't working properly so 30 minutes on phone to o2 to sort it out. Emptied cat litter tray, hole in bag so yucky cat litter all over utility room floor and my feet. Looked out of kitchen window and saw something running on the steps :scared15: 2 stoats, 1 with a poor little mouse in its mouth, disappeared into a hole in corner of one off the steps. I called environmental health who said they have not got stoats on their lists as pests :( What do I do to get rid off them?! I am now getting anxious about them and need to put the rubbish out but darn't :scared15: I am just imagining loads of stoats running round my garden. Remember the Alfred Hitchcock film 'The Birds'? Well it is turning into 'The Stoats' at my house and I don't like it!! :D

Jen Sat
08-01-13, 16:46
Hi Annie, you have come such a long way and sound so much different to a while back when you couldnt leave your bedroom. You are such an inspiration. You will have up and down days when it feels like everything is going wrong, but you what you are dealing with it, you managed to get out and do your errands, speaking to a phone company is stressful enough when you dont have anxiety issues to deal with, then to be covered in cat mess no wonder you feel a bit out of sorts. Now to tackle the Stoats.....some sort of trap but then what do you do with after?

Elle-Kay
08-01-13, 19:07
Stoats are like Ferrets aren't they? You could send them to me to play with my two Ferrets if so :D

Annie0904
08-01-13, 19:25
I have been on the phone to o2 for over 3 hours and they have now concluded that I need to send my phone for repair or replacement :(. My neighbour blocked up the hole where the stoats are hiding then I started to worry about them being stuck in there and dying! I want to let them out now. Allan came home and I burst into tears. He said "Don't worry it can all be fixed!" Going to have a relaxing bath I think and try to calm down a bit :(

Tessar
08-01-13, 21:56
I have been on the phone to o2 for over 3 hours and they have now concluded that I need to send my phone for repair or replacement :(. My neighbour blocked up the hole where the stoats are hiding then I started to worry about them being stuck in there and dying! I want to let them out now. Allan came home and I burst into tears. He said "Don't worry it can all be fixed!" Going to have a relaxing bath I think and try to calm down a bit :(

Wot r we to do??.?.? I'd love to see stoats in our garden we had a rat the other day!, there were mice in our kitchen cupboards recently. I know wot u mean tho Annie. Here's some hugs:blush::wacko::unsure::scared15:

Annie0904
08-01-13, 22:29
Thanks Tessar, I have calmed down again now and smiling again :) I am worried about the stoats being trapped though although in reality I don't think my neighbour did a very good job so I am sure they will find a way out. Can't believe how the silliest little things can set my anxiety off! Mind you I did get my sickness review report from work as well to do although I was quite happy with it especially as the union rep had told them how purple my poorly foot looked when he visited me at home :)

Annie0904
09-01-13, 13:08
When we got into bed last night I said to my husband "Sorry I have been so grumpy tonight" He said "thank you I accept the apology!" I was shocked! I replied "That is not what you are supposed to say!!! You are supposed to say, there's no need to apologise, I understand!!" :roflmao: Men will never understand the way a woman's mind works will they? :D

Annie0904
11-01-13, 20:17
After feeling fairly anxious today I managed to go to the hairdressers tonight and get my hair done plus a much needed back massage. The therapist couldn't believe how tense my muscles were :) Quite proud of myself and also feeling less anxious.

Janine
11-01-13, 20:26
Well done Annie a back massage sounds really good, it is great when we can get to hairdressers it just gives you that little lift.

You are doing more and more each week xxx

Annie0904
11-01-13, 20:34
I know, I still have bad days but I have been having more good days recently, so I have to keep reminding myself of the positives. x

Janine
11-01-13, 20:39
I think we have to tell ourselves that we have bad days when we are going about our lives normally but we forget as we just deal with them so we are going to still have bad days but they affect us more because of the way we are feeling and then we worry more and then makes us feel even worse.

We must focus on the positives and the good days the horrible thing is it is the bad days we remember!! xx

Annie0904
11-01-13, 20:43
I was just thinking last night about my earliest memories and they were all negative ones. I have photos of me though laughing ans smiling so I know there were more good times than bad. xx

Janine
11-01-13, 20:50
Yes I am sure there were, and are, and will be if you get my drift, for both of us xx

Annie0904
28-01-13, 14:22
After a few bad weeks I am going back to my positive thread :D I went to the post office alone today and was fine even though there was 4 other people in the queue. I then went to the retail park and popped into NEXT to get myself new jeans and cardi...I finally have something to wear that doesn't keep falling off. I have lost so much weight with this anxiety. I am going to the doctors at 3:30. I have had chest pains for about a week now and it feels worse than the usual anxiety pains. It is probs just trapped wind but thought I should get it checked out as I told my hubby his pains would probably be wind and he was having a heart attack (I did realise when it got worse and I checked his BP and called an ambulance quick!) He has had 2 heart attacks but is back working full time.