PDA

View Full Version : Chest infection bug

countrygirl
27-12-12, 19:20
My husband has been ill with a chest infection for past 10 days. It started with flu symptoms and a terrible cough and is getting everyone around here at moment. He had one course of antibiotics at a minimum dose and length of time and has not got better so back to Dr today and she said he still has a chest infection. He is going to a chest x ray tomorrow and the Dr said that they are now finding that everyone who has got this bug that gives a chest infection needs a longer and stronger course of anti b's. My friend has also started with it yesterday and I have a sore throat as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hubby has had to sleep in a chair for past 10 days and has done nothing other than cough! He has not been this ill for years.

The Dr said everyone is either getting this or the vomiting bug and hopefully not both together:scared15:

So much illness and so much panic:huh:

Annie0904
27-12-12, 19:37
My friend has been the same and needed a chest x ray. She has had it for about 4 weeks now and is still coughing. I think it is taking a while to get rid of for a lot of people. She was given steroids in the end to help her.

Em.ma
27-12-12, 19:38
My family has this to I caught it off a friend who was on anti bios now dad bro mum nan got it horrific coughs and my friend still has it about three weeks later
He will get better though :)
It's a real nasty one this

Anxious_gal
28-12-12, 02:29
Chest infections in general are hard to get rid off.
I guess this one in particular is very stubborn.
Codeine tablets or cough syrups are good at suppressing the cough.

Sucks that he's to sleep in a chair :(
I know myself how painful a cough can be, every cough can be very painful.

I had chest infections due to feeling harder to breathe and the coughing agh :(
It's good he'll be getting the chest x ray. At least that may be reassuring.

You may not catch it though, some of my family started with fevers and getting sick a few days ago .
I've so far not caught any proper bug this year.
I don't do well with being sick due to the anxiety.

I hope he starts showing some improvement.
I wonder If an air purifier would help at all? Cause it helps clean the air.
Other than that I guess you can only try to make him comfortable for now x