PDA

View Full Version : I Did It!! MRI Done!!

AuntieMoosie
27-12-12, 19:29
Hello my friends :)

I have just got back home now, what a relief :D

I had terrible anxiety leading up to me going and on the journey there, it shot up and peaked as soon as I saw the hospital :ohmy:

The put me in the scanner, silly me went and opened my eyes and freaked :ohmy: they had to get me out. I told them to just let me have a minute to collect myself, then I went back in, kept my eyes shut throughout and just laid there thinking of anything I could apart from what was happening.....trying to do CBT in that machine was the hardest thing I think I've ever had to do, but I managed it.

It was loud, even though I had ear plugs in, but funnily enough at one point it was going to the beat of Rudolf the red nose reindeer!!!.....I immediately thought of you all and I just had to have a little laugh in my head:roflmao:

The poor guy who was going in after me was terrified, I tried to reassure him as best I could, the poor chap suffers from anxiety too, I so hope that his was successful, had a lovely chat with his wife too, lovely people :)

Thank you all so much for your well wishes and support, that's meant more to me than anything, I don't think I would have done it without the support that I have from you all on here :)

Tessar
27-12-12, 19:31
wow, you did really well. braving it a 2nd time to go back in. that's highly creditable. what a success story this is. and look at you helping others too. i bet you made a difference to him & his wife for sure.

venusbluejeans
27-12-12, 19:33
Well done AuntieMoosie, you should be proud of yourself :hugs:

I hope you can Moooooooooooooo-ve forward now.

Emmz :flowers:

Annie0904
27-12-12, 19:34
So pleased you got through it :yahoo::yesyes: My husband told my son and his girlfriend to be prepared because I was about to start singing Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer at 6:pm :roflmao: I am not the worlds best singer so they needed the warning!! When will you get the results?

Ally24
27-12-12, 19:39
Congrats,dats awesome,ya shud be really proud of yourself for gettin through it;)

ricardo
27-12-12, 19:42
Never doubted for a minute you could do it, auntie.:)

As for you Emms :roflmao:

Col
27-12-12, 19:52
Hi Auntie Moosie,
so glad its over for you X the vibrations you heard the machine making must have been, all the positive Rudolf energy we were all sending to you :roflmao:

AuntieMoosie
27-12-12, 20:23
Aww thank you all very muchly :D

Emmz yes it was a very moooooooooooving experience :roflmao:

Can someone answer me this please........why is that whenever I have to wear any of those gown things in a hospital, that I always, always get the factory reject one???????? :shrug: This time I was dressed in blue, blue cotton trousers and blue top.......the flaming trousers cord had broken, it wouldn't go back in.......so I had to carry the flaming thing everywhere I went......even the MRI scan bloke said "you carrying your tail around with you"???? :roflmao:.......yes you may all laugh......but that does nothing for a coooooooows street cred now does it :roflmao:

Once again, thank you all, I love you all to bits :D :hugs: :hugs:

Mark13
27-12-12, 22:00
why is that whenever I have to wear any of those gown things in a hospital, that I always, always get the factory reject one???????? :shrug:
I think those are the standard ones. As Microsoft would say about bugs in their software, it's a "feature". The reject ones are the ones where nothing's missing and they cover you all up :) The hospitals have got to have their entertainment somehow :winks:

Well done on braving the scan BTW.

MissHDynamite
27-12-12, 22:28
Oh we'll done you :D give yourself a little treat tomorrow and the very best of luck with your results :hugs: x

panickyme
27-12-12, 22:39
Soooooooooooooooooo very proud of you, I knew you could do it!!!!! So glad for you that it is over. Good job. :hugs:

Anxious_gal
28-12-12, 02:09
I'm very clustrophobic! I bet it looked very scary from the inside!
Did you feel anything at all while you were in there?
How long did you need to stay still? With anxuety I know that can be very hard.

Well done for getting through it and going back in after you got scared x

nomorepanic
28-12-12, 11:44
Well done Moosie - you did us all proud!

So glad you were able to stay in there and let's hope the results are nothing at all to worry about.

ElizabethJane
28-12-12, 11:49
Well done Auntie. Love from EJ xxx

AuntieMoosie
28-12-12, 16:59
Aww thank you all so much :)

Anxious, it's not that it's scary inside, it's just that you realize what you're in and the lack of space. The only way I could handle it was to keep my eyes tightly shut and then imagine really hard that you're somewhere else, which is tricky seeing as you're being bombarded with all sorts of strange noises:wacko:

What I did find pleasant though was the fact that all the time you're in there, you're getting cool, fresh air blown all over you, and that was nice :)

The whole scan took roughly 15-20 minutes, I was only having my head done so that was quite quick really. I don't know how long the other scans would be though, there's no pain or discomfort at all, you just now and then feel little vibrations.

I wont know the results for a few weeks, but my consultant and myself aren't really expecting anything to show up, it's just she wanted to make double sure that I haven't been having any sort of stroke, just a precaution that's all.

I would like to hope that in the future, they start using the open one's more and the closed in ones less, they need to address the noise issue too.

I think it completely knocked me for 6 doing that yesterday. I was exhausted but I just couldn't sleep at all last night, I think my anxiety must have still been raised a bit. So today, I have got a "hangover" type headache and that horrible "cotton wool" muzzly head feeling:wacko: I'm going to eat dinner then I'm off to bed, I know I'll feel heaps better when I wake up :)

Once again, many thanks to you all :D

Annie0904
28-12-12, 17:02
Auntie Moosie you should be so proud of yourself, you did so well. My son had one for his head a few weeks ago but he never worries about anything so was fine :)

venusbluejeans
28-12-12, 17:39
Never doubted for a minute you could do it, auntie.:)

As for you Emms :roflmao:

:whistles::roflmao::roflmao:

Emmz yes it was a very moooooooooooving experience :roflmao:

we shall all be cownting down to you getting your results but you will cream it :)

how udderly amoosing :yesyes:

but seriously AuntieMoosie you deserve a 'pat' on the back :doh:

you are lucky that I am heading babysitting for someone going to the moo-vies...... I could think of sooo many more :winks:

ok time to mooooooo-ve

Emmz :flowers:

ricardo
28-12-12, 18:02
Emms

you know how to milk it :)

AuntieMoosie
28-12-12, 23:54
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/moreslushymandy/Uncredited%20Tags%20Not%20For%20Use/glamcowmandybysunny.gif

:roflmao: Emmz :roflmao:

Who mentioned "udders" and "milk it"??.....hmmmm you both know who you are :roflmao: I'll just be "trotting" off then * trots out of thread, leaving plenty of "pats" on the back as she goes......but that's an "udder" story* :roflmao: :roflmao:

PS....that's my AKA name up there ^^^^ but my official name is "Auntie Moosie" :winks:

Tessar
29-12-12, 15:44
venusbluejeans; i love your post - very funny.
AuntieMoosie your post's funny too.
all this humour on a dully, rainy saturday afternoon - thanks!

Magic
29-12-12, 19:28
What a relief to get that done!!! Well flippin done!xx