PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to have anxiety without....

nutcasetom
28-12-12, 00:24
Hi for a few months as you know through my last posts i have been having some horrible symptoms and i get these everyday ,tiredness,dizzy,weak,numb,teeth chattering,spaced out, no energy, loss of appetite, trouble breathing (feels liek something sitting on my chest and can't get a deep satisfying breathe can last a few days) ect but the only thing i don't get is heart palpitations is it still possible to suffering from anxiety but don't get this or pains in chest?

Arnie365
28-12-12, 06:35
Hi Tom

I would say totally yes. I don't get half the symptoms other people on here get so I guess the same can be said of them. For me it's mostly sharp chest pains or squeezing/tightness that I get rather than palps because my anxiety is linked to a fear of having a heart attack and my heart being damaged. I think our symptoms manifest in ways that affect us most just to keep feeding the fear.

I've said in a previous post that I started getting over my worry of the chest pains an they pretty much stopped but then my body started systematically going through all the other symptoms you can get with anxiety. None of them bothered me as much as the chest pains (though I'm not saying they were pleasant) and I never got them again and I switched back to the chest pains.

serendipity_x
28-12-12, 22:18
Symptoms manifest themselves in different ways in us all.