PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my 15 year old again he looks yellow

lisak789
28-12-12, 00:30
I am honastly getting sick of myself! I was looking at my son today and he looks kind of yellow. He was just in for tons of bloodwork and it all came back good. Why would he have a yellow tinge to him?? I think I am going to worry myself to my grave.

Anxious_gal
28-12-12, 02:03
Does anyone else think he looks yellow?
With Jaundice usually the whites of the eyes will yellow and it'd be pretty obvious.
The lighting might be making him look a bit yellow, or maybe he's simply just paler than normal.
If he had Jaundice he'd be very sick too.

When some is seriously ill there's no mistaken it! No 2nd guessing as its so obvious.

If he's not acting like he's unwell then he will be fine .
You got to stop watching out for syptoms and fearing for the worst.

Whether he's sick or healthy the worrying wont help either way.
All it will do is stress you out. Worrying doesn't help.

Kids get colds, tummy bugs and so on all the time.
Maybe some CBT might help you cope better?
As he's going get sick every so often, more so in the colder months.

He had blood work and it all came back as good.
You haven't mentioned him being unwell except that he may look yellow?
But I would wonder if its your mind playing tricks, or he's simply a bit off colour?
Cause if it was Jaundice he'd be pretty ill .

lisak789
28-12-12, 03:04
No he hasent been sick at all. I dont know I just look at him and his color is off. My mom said its because he colored his hair bleach blonde and hes normally dark haired and thats why, but I just worry its something more serious. But no hes not sick. Do you think if it was a type of cancer he would be sick??

panickyme
28-12-12, 04:07
Awwww, I think you would definitely know if he was sick. I know what it is like to worry about your children, we just love them. He had blood work and it was all good and the Doctor isn't concerned, so try to relax. Hope you feel better soon. :hugs: