PDA

View Full Version : Hi... new and nervous

arg13
28-12-12, 03:06
Hi there,
I have never posted in anything like this, 21, female, anxiety/depression/skinpicking background, but fighting through it all semi-well... am just wanting to be able to talk to people who I can relate to, and know can understand. Rather than family and friends trying their best, but at the end of the day I know they can't really get their heads round it.

Anyone around?

nomorepanic
28-12-12, 03:18
Hi arg13

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

shadowstriker
28-12-12, 04:57
sorry to hear that i know how you feel it hard to explain to people whats going on

hanshan
28-12-12, 06:04
Hi Arg13,

You'll find people here who do understand. Don't be afraid to post or join in others' threads.

Take care.

Baggs
28-12-12, 08:29
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Sparkle1984
28-12-12, 13:02
Welcome to the forums! :) I can relate to what you have said. I also skin-pick but it's only on the bottom of my feet where no one else can see it.

Mark13
28-12-12, 13:02
Hi arg13

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll find lots of information and support.

arg13
28-12-12, 13:24
thank u for all the good wishes, I'm also looking for help with coping, 80% of the time im great, but then I spiral badly, had been trying emdr but its hard and makes me even more anxious and i dont want to continue...

Also Sparkle, i'm the same, used to be hands, now only feet, but doesnt stop me being embarrassed around the boyfriend and if i forget to put socks on at home or a friends :(