PDA

View Full Version : venlafaxine xl increased anxiety 225mg

shadowstriker
28-12-12, 03:51
Hi I am new here I just wanted some advice I have been on a lot of antidepressants over the years for anxiety but I find that they make my anxiety even worse even if i stay on them for 8 to 12 weeks it doesn't settle my Dr thinks its all in my head because I have been on so many and get the same problem. what could be going on here I really don't want to rely on pills but I cant make my anxiety go I just all ways feel on edge for no reason cant enjoy things that once gave me pleasure I just feel hopeless I am just so sick and tired of going on Meds then having to stop due to the increased anxiety I was on 75 mg for 2 weeks increased to 150mg for 8 weeks and now I am on 225mg that I have been on for 2 weeks I just dont want to stop the meds so then the Dr can sayI:wall: havn't kept to the plan, any advice?

Thanks...

nomorepanic
28-12-12, 04:04
Hi shadowstriker

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

shadowstriker
28-12-12, 04:12
thank you

Baggs
28-12-12, 08:30
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Pipkin
28-12-12, 09:39
Hi there and :welcome:

Quite a few of us have been through this with venlafaxine, including myself, and have come out the other side feeling much better. This med seems to take a long time to work (3-4 months for me) but the results can be excellent. Support from other members really helped me a lot so you're in the right place.

Come and join us on our thread and we'll share our experiences and hopefully support you through it:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=110037

Take care

Pip

wazza
28-12-12, 14:00
Thats the same does of ven. I'm on, as well as mirtrazapine at night. I would say "stick with it". It takes a couple of months to start working. Last time i had an increase of dose. I was okish for 2 years. Its been put up again recently to 225mg, but I havnt noticed a difference yet. I find that the initial side effects can take up to a month to wear off.

shadowstriker
28-12-12, 16:54
Thanks guys whent to my drs he said he doesn't think I'm getting side effects but I get this every time ssri snri nassa trycylics but I give up because I can't handle it but the dr has given me 500micro grams of clonazipam to take 1 a day for 4 days its like a kids dose lol but a benzo is better then none just trying to hold myself together I didn't know mirtazapine and venlafaxine can be a combo I hated mirtazapine made me feel spaced out (derealisation)

wazza
28-12-12, 18:46
I agree all the anti depressants have made me feel wierd. Venlafaxine is the only one that I've taken over the last 15 years for more than a year. According ot wikipedia, the ven/mirt combo is know as Californian Rocket Fuel. I must say this mirt is making me feel spaced out, but that is kind of what i need

kittikat
28-12-12, 19:25
Hello & :welcome:

I am on the Venlafaxine train too and have found it very helpful after some awful side effects with SSRI's and Tricyclics. I am using it combined with Diazepam (which I am now slowly reducing). Hang in there, and as Pip says the Venlafaxine thread is brilliant and has helped lots of us through and out to the other side!!

Good luck, Kitti :)

shadowstriker
28-12-12, 22:11
The dr won't give me olanzapine to add to it he said because I'm not hearing voices ect but I have been prescribed it off label for anxiety before I just hope the agitation settles soon

shadowstriker
29-12-12, 02:29
Well the 500micrograms seems to have took the edge of a tiny bit