PDA

View Full Version : hypochondria or am I dying?!

Emi
28-12-12, 05:49
I need good answers please I am a 16 year old Male that is really really worried I have this mole on my arm, So a year ago i had this health anxiety issue that made me think I had breast cancer because my greatgrandmother , grandma , and mom had it and it became my phobia of getting this horrible disease, i used to think i had breast cancer because I had pains on my chest and I was scared to tell my mom and go to the doctor so i finally tell mi dad (he is a Dr a cardiologist) and so it turned out to be from bad posture and he told me that i shouldnt worry about diseases at my age because Im healthy in a good body shape and play many sports.. so my life goes on and Then last month I peed Red Urine while I was in vacation so i peed red urine for three days and i looked up in the internet and the first thing that comes out is Cancer!!! i didnt sleep that night in my family trip to mexico city , my heart was pounding really fast and had really sweats and thought I was going to DIe , so I get back home and i looked up some more in Symptom Checker and it said that it might be Urinary tract infections because i have a uncircumsised penis and sometimes i need to wash in there inside my skin so i dont cath any infections, and just to make it worst i discovered a parallel Lymph node in my groin area that was big and i could feel it and i know you get lymph nodes when your body is fighting an infection.But today I decided to look up cancerous moles and my looks normal except its brown and black because i tried to take it off (i know its stupid) and made a little scar there so now im like aware of this mole might of spread to my organs Causing Red Urine And spread to my Lymph node so ive had this mole like for 9-10 months now would i be dead by now? I also often think that i have brain cancer thinking that my melanoma spread to my brain because I have a lot of leg weakness and clumsiness sometimes my head hurts but i dont get severe headaches or anything it just hurts like a 4 second pain for some days and i keep checking symtpms like this and ugghhh i just cant take it anymore i just cant really im just terrified I want to enjoy my christmas break and i cant because of this. ::weep:
ps also when i notice and get this anxiety disorders Pains and aches begin to appear all over my body also my chest skin area is very sensitive when i scatch it a mini red rush comes,

Anxious_gal
28-12-12, 08:56
It's common to develope health anxiety after seeing or even hearing about others getting ill.
When you pee red urine, see a doctor :) don't wait a few days and scare yourself silly by reading things online.

It's normal to have lymph nodes. Often they are just fighting off a mild infection.
But since you have so many fears, and you dad is a doctor maybe try confiding in him a bit more.

Woah slow down :) you have many many health fears.
Seriously write them all down and speak about them with a doctor, if the doctors any good he will reasure you and you'll feel better for a while.

You really need therapy and CBT though for the anxiety, otherwise you'll just continue to worry about your health instead of enjoying life. One day you'll wake up (still healthy) and feel sad that you wasted so much time being afraid of things that never happened.

Have you had the red urine checked out? A simple test would show if there's blood or any infection in it.

Other than that you seem pretty healthy minus all your anxiety :)
The good thing is your brain is still growing so if you can get therapy or CBT now it can help with your anxiety and you can unlearn all the bad thinking habbits .

SLjimbo
28-12-12, 19:34
The worst thing to do if you're having health anxiety is to Google your symptoms; that's a big no-no! For us anxiety sufferers, we tend to jump to conclusions to the first possible diagnosis that comes up through a search.

Let the professionals handle it and give you the right diagnosis. I don't believe Dr. WebMD is a licensed doctor. :shades:

Mr X
28-12-12, 20:22
I did a red wee once; thought I was ill. I had eaten beetroot and wasn't at all ill. Google says otherwise, of course.

McHovis
02-01-13, 15:12
I agree with Mr X on the beetroot - there's many things that can cause little adverse effects on your body. It's not very good to search on google (See SLljimbo) because they will always give the worst possible outcome! If there's a serious problem you will have a symptom that obviously requires immediate medical attention. Otherwise, it's probably best to wait and see your doctor. If it's not a problem then it's fine, and if it is then you went to the doctors and they can help you. I hope this problem is fixed now :D

Joe x