PDA

View Full Version : HELP!. BAd health anxiety over the past few days and I need your help.

viremarthius
28-12-12, 17:46
I went running one night a few weeks ago and felt a tightness across one of my hips. Stretched it out but it never got better. There was never any pain, but tingling/tightness. Went to the doctor and she told me it was nothing. Now it's still not better and I'm having the worst feelings about it being something serious. Just consuming me. I think it's a tumour growing inside of me, blood clot etc. Slowly losing it. Can someone help me? Thank you.

Nico
28-12-12, 18:03
Blood clots are one of my biggest fears as well. Strange tingling and tightness in any area can be a common symptoms of anxiety. As long as you don't have lots of risk factors a blood clot is unlikely, especially in that area. A tumour is also unlikely, we all have the Cancer fear haha. Rather than panicking over it look at it objectively when you are feeling calm. Ask yourself whether you fear is rational and the likelihood of it. Think carefully about your symptoms and ask yourself whether you have lots of strange symptoms. Health anxiety can create new symptoms all the time :). Hopefully this will make you feel better

viremarthius
31-12-12, 03:29
It did, thank you very much. I love the people on this board. My mind always makes things a hundred times worse. It feels much tighter after I run, which tells me that it has to be muscular (right? :D) Thanks again.