PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else burp more with anxiety?

Rls1994
28-12-12, 21:48
Or is it just me? When I'm fully distracted or so I never seem to do it. But when I'm all alone and worried I might be ill or something, I'm always burping. They're little burps as well by the way, never loud. These burps are uncomfortable though, and hard to pass. Sometimes I can never tell if it's a burp coming up or something else so it makes me panic a little..

I do know that your stomach produces more acid whenever you're anxious/stressed but how about gas?

I swear I have the most weakest stomach EVER. The slightest little things seem to trigger it off for me. Sometimes I don't even know what I am worried about...

I noticed yesterday when I was doing some drawing on my laptop, I was feeling better. I didn't feel nauseous or burped hardly. But as soon as I went bed for a little while it came back again and so did the nausea....

Anyway, can anxiety actually cause you to have more gas/wind?

Annie0904
28-12-12, 21:52
I would say yes...well it does with me anyway :)

bertone902
28-12-12, 22:00
dont worry your not alone i do too lol i dont see it as a bad side effect though just annoying when youve had garlic etc the night before and your sat in the doc waiting room the next morning holding the burps in :(!

serendipity_x
28-12-12, 22:43
i just burped a little reading this. The more self aware I get the more it comes.

Arnie365
29-12-12, 07:09
Yep totally anxiety and stress cause more acid production which causes more gas. This is what the doctor puts 90% of my chest pains down to and they can be so varied such as on the left and right stabbing to pressure feelings in the middle etc. I have found myself doing small burps a lot more than I used to and sometimes it feels like they get stuck and that a really good burp would take the pain away. See if your GP can give you something for the stomach acid if its causing you a problem.

xtremx
29-12-12, 09:49
OOOOOOOOOOOOH Yesssss, I could burp out a tune.
It can be very embarrassing for me at times.

mrmj
12-01-13, 23:36
YEAH! I do lol. Also sometimes the gas seems to build up but I feel unable to burp. Then a big one will come out later when I relax a little haha. I can't believe all the symptoms anxiety brings...