PDA

View Full Version : Hello from an emetophobe!

MissGS
28-12-12, 22:49
Hi there

I'm Ga 29 year old welsh lady who now lives and works in Berkshire, sorry bit cagey with saying who I am you never know whose reading what.

I have been an emetaphobe since I can remember, literally when if a kid was sick in the playground at school and everyone would be crowding round to see.....yeah I d be the only kid running away to hide. Like all phobis at certain times i cope with this better than others but in my life I have done things I never thought I would be capable of (been travelling to Australia on my own twice!) but at time like now I am crippled with anxiety because of the bloning norovirus.....or more to the point the blinking media coverage of the norovirus!

It would be nice to chat to some like minded individuals and also to help some people if possible. I am by no means cured or an amazing person but ive been to uni, got three degrees and travelled and if I can do it anyone can

Gxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
28-12-12, 23:01
Hi MissGS

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

legaleagle
28-12-12, 23:39
Hi there, would be happy to swap stuff, advice, try and support any wobblyness due to noro related fears. Like you have suffered with this phobia for many years. I have travelled too, gone to music college, held down jobs and had a child, so have tried to get on with life, I find this time of year really really scary though...and sometimes you just need to get a bit of extra help from someone who totally gets what you say.
How've you been today?

MissGS
28-12-12, 23:50
Yup with you there! Today I have been glued to the news, ewatched it everytime it was on, caught it on the radio then just for good measure looked it up online! Not constructive at all! How are you coping?
xxxx

Baggs
29-12-12, 07:51
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

ricardo
29-12-12, 08:29
Welcome.

There are many kind people on here who suffer as you do and you will find it beneficial to discuss anything you want with anyone who can relate to your problems.

Mark13
29-12-12, 12:59
Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here and find plenty of information and support.

legaleagle
29-12-12, 16:01
Weeelll, I have tried to live normally ( whatever that means!)..by taking my son to the sales.it's hard isn't it? Normal for me is a bottle of alcohol rub in each pocket, and a knowledge of where the cleanest toilets are! And making sure I am not only vigilant with my handwashing, but also everyone else's..:/ I haven't searched online today, but do that on a regular basis to see if the Moro bug is miraculously hit its peak and has petered out overnight...no such luck x

MissGS
29-12-12, 17:05
Its terrible isnt it! My hands are raw from washing them! Am actually venturing out tonight very scared but hey ho!

I am travelling to Kent for NYE and I spoke to my mate this morning and she said she felt 'weird' hence a day of stressing!

xxx

legaleagle
29-12-12, 21:44
Woa, go lady! See if that were me I'd be like, well waddya mean "weird"? It would be twenty questions..you are brave and you are getting on with it, so well done x

Sparkle1984
29-12-12, 22:48
Welcome to the forums, it sounds like you are doing very well with managing your phobia. :)

MissGS
29-12-12, 22:57
Thank you!

Sparkle I loved your post and coping methods @legaleagle am now frantcially trying to come up with excuses not to go!!!

xxxx

legaleagle
31-12-12, 13:46
Maybe you could just have a casual conversation with her to see if she is fine and if she is you should go out and try to enjoy yourself..it's really hard I know but you'll be glad you did it x