PDA

View Full Version : Bruising on Citalopram?

Old Lace
29-12-12, 01:50
Hello all. I've been on Citalopram for a few months now, and among the (many) side-effects I've experienced is a ridiculous amount of bruising. I'm constantly black and blue all over - especially on my hands and feet. It's quite embarrassing and people are always asking what happened to me. The doctor has tested my blood, and there's definitely no underlying problem that's causing it. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and if you have found a way to lessen the bruising? Thanks for reading. :)

Laurenita
29-12-12, 02:48
I've only been on citalopram for 10 days and I completely agree with the bruising! I also get quite bad stomach pains, a trapped wind kind of pain. Do you experience this?

Laura1989
29-12-12, 23:27
I am bruising a lot more easily than I used to since being on citalopram! I never used to bruise at all...but now I just have to knock my knee or arm or whatever and a bruise appears! I've had it checked out and everything is fine, so it must be the citalopram!

dogsandtea
31-12-12, 22:16
that happened to me when i first started citalopram. It went away after a month or two though! it is listed as a side effect in the leaflet i do believe.

Laura1989
01-01-13, 12:04
That's why we're told not to have aspirin or ibuprofen while on citalopram because cit is linked to thinning the blood.
Now it's been mentioned on here, I remember my Doctor telling me about it and saying not to have anything that is known to thin the blood.

little scientist
03-01-13, 16:31
I too bruise so much more easily - especially on my legs!