PDA

View Full Version : new to forum, not to anxiety....

hansonmw
29-12-12, 04:42
Hi. My name is Matt and I've been reading this forum on and off for about a year. I have GAD (diagnosed about 11 years ago) and have had a significant uptick in my anxiety the last year and a half. I stay close to home most of the time due to my anxiety and the fear of having some sort of health upset away from home.

I am sitting tonight with an upset stomach (likely from sinus drainage) and the feeling of fever. I am resisting the urge to check my temperature, but earlier today it was low (below normal). It is easy for me to obsess about my health, especially if I feel the slightest bit sick. If anything right now, I am getting a cold or maybe my chronic sinus issues are finally kicking over into a mild infection.

I am lucky to have a supportive wife who'll calm me down if I get overly upset. She's been a good reminder for me to stop looking on the internet for every symptom I feel. I am looking forward to the day when I can function normally again without massive amounts of fear and anxiety interrupting my life. I am finally re-learning that nearly 100% of the time when I am anxious and upset about my health, nothing comes of it. I get anxious for no good reason.

Hopefully getting involved here will help me further my recovery. Thanks ahead of time for your comments and support.

-Matt

nomorepanic
29-12-12, 04:57
Hi hansonmw

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Baggs
29-12-12, 07:33
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Mark13
29-12-12, 12:57
Hi Matt

Welcome aboard :)

I'm sure you'll find lots of help and support here.

Mark