PDA

View Full Version : Blood Clot fear

Nico
29-12-12, 15:36
I currently have a dull ache/pain in my leg, it's not terrible, but noticeable and I am scared I have DVT (blood Clot). I am only 17 and in reasonable shape, don't smoke ETC. However I just found out my relative died of a blood clot, although this was when he was 60 and he was a heavy smoker and drinker. Should I be worried?
Thanks

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 ----------

Anyone :/

Ziggy455
29-12-12, 16:40
I currently have a dull ache/pain in my leg, it's not terrible, but noticeable and I am scared I have DVT (blood Clot). I am only 17 and in reasonable shape, don't smoke ETC. However I just found out my relative died of a blood clot, although this was when he was 60 and he was a heavy smoker and drinker. Should I be worried?
Thanks

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 ----------

Anyone :/

I spend ALOT of time sitting down -due to work and such- and I'm terrified of blood clots. But I think if you have a general blood test or are in relatively good shape, the chance of having DVT/Blood clots is extremely, extremely low because other factors must be included like high cholesterol and blood pressure.

I'm sure whatever you have is not DVT and is just a general ache. :)

Nico
29-12-12, 17:29
Thanks so much :)

---------- Post added at 17:29 ---------- Previous post was at 16:49 ----------

It was this article that started it all :(
http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/travelhealth/Pages/DVTMarkPownall.aspx

ell1877
29-12-12, 19:24
When I was younger I remember watching coronation street and someone had an accident n went on to die from a blood clot well every pain I got I was convinced it was a clot and I went to the doctors and apparently she had seen so many people with the same symptoms because of what they had seen on tv lol

Does your leg still hurt when you lay down with your leg up?