PDA

View Full Version : any ideas

Angieb17
26-08-06, 21:05
Does anyone know that why when you feel reasonably OK, with hardly any worries, do symptoms still appear. I could understand it if we were all in a high state of anxiety all the time, but we do get some respite.

There always seems to be something that bugs you on a day to day basis, you just seem to get rid of one symptom and another appears.

I have had no big panic attacks for a while, but still get, palps, nausea and aching limbs.

I just wondered if anyone else could give me any answers, this bugs me quite a lot.

Thanks for your replies.

Angie:D

Allie
26-08-06, 21:20
Dr Claire Weekes, author of 'Essential Help For Your Nerves' states that even after you have begun recovery your nerves are still sensitised and prone to react to even the smallest of changes in your body, or outside events. She says that nerves need time to heal like a phsyical injury.

It will pass given time (Dr. Weekes's four steps are 'FACE, ACCEPT, FLOAT and LET TIME PASS. The less attention you give it, the less importance it will have! Easier said than done I know!

I am in the middle of recovery myself and some days I feel great, then all of a sudden the tight chest and shaking begins out of nowhere. All you can do is accept that it is happening and try to rise above it. Some days I am better at doing this than others, but like anything in life it takes practice!

I have frequently overcome one problem only to be beset by another symptom (in my case it alternates between health anxiety and obsession/doubt), but my psychiatrist has told me that this is normal and you should treat any new sympto, with the same contempt as the symptoms you have already conquored. My therapist also says that these 'setbacks' are a normal part of recovery!

Good luck and take care,

Allie xXX

THE VOICE INSIDE YOUR HEAD IS NOT THE VOICE OF GOD. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT THINKS IT IS! Cheri Huber

lass
27-08-06, 14:39
I had a long chat with a doctor that I work for, and I asked her the same question!

It is only since I have felt I am getting things straight in my head and feeling less anxious mentally that I have started getting heart palpitations.

She tells me it is partly subconsious, partly lack of sleep, low blood sugar etc, and partly because we may only become aware of some symptoms when others die down - as in, we probably had the full set of symptoms all going on at one time, but would focus on just one or two!

I really feel that if I didn't have the physical symptoms I would be feeling quite normal, but having these symptoms is a constant reminder that I have "anxiety".

Horrible! I hate it!

Caroline xx

carly123
27-08-06, 18:12
I almost laughed at that mention of low blood sugar- I test mine every time I think I'm coming down with some life threatening illness (in other words, when I'm panicking with HA) and, surprise, surprise- it's always low.
So then I panic about that.
hmm, why do I do it to myself?!

Anyway, there you go with just one of many possible causes!

Carlyxx

Angieb17
27-08-06, 18:15
Thanks for replying. Its true what you say, you just seem to be getting on top of things and then something else crops up. I have had these arm and leg aches with a general cold feeling in them for about a week now and it is really bugging me.

Today has probably one of the worst days i have had for a long time, feeling really unsteady and slightly dizzy. My daughter came home just after dinner from staying at her grandads in the countryside and it seemed to take my mind off it.

Some days seem really awful and you just feel as though you can;t take any more. Lets hope tomorrow feels better.

Thanks again, I can only talk about it on here, no-one seems to understand what we go through.

Angie xx

Jo3016
28-08-06, 10:23
I feel the same. I have been feeling better generally for a few weeks now but then, on Friday, I had ectopic heart beats again that made me feel really dizzy and ever since then, I have been really focussed on my heart again!! Now I feel like I am having palpitations all the time! I have got into the habit of checking my pulse and I hadn't done that for ages.

I talked to my Mum on the phone - she is a great help to me - she said the same as the doctor - that whilst we think we are ok, subconciously, we are still stressed out! It is ridiculous isn't it!!

Jo Fitzgerald

Stress head Rach
28-08-06, 11:23
It makes you wonder with the last comment if we will ever get better... I have been better but always come back to it again. I have had full recovery and been ok for 2-3 years then Wham! Its like a desease....And I am in the process of MAKING MYSELF to stop taking me pulse rate...the min that finger gets on that wrist it rises! I need to get it in my head that the heart is made to beat fast ... that is why in excersise classes they try to raise the heart rate.... I am Trying to give my self a very positive week as from today, and try to loose weight. i shall let you all know how I am doing . Gonna have plenty of water and also I have got some tincture from the hebalist with St John Wort, lemon blam and Hops in it to help me chill abit!