PDA

View Full Version : shingles??

missykat
29-12-12, 14:32
Hello. About two weeks ago i developed an itch across top of tummy. A week latr i noticed few small tiny spots that were itchy there. I showered and scrubbed the area hard then i noticed later they grew bigger really red and lumby and few more underneath.i put sudocrem on them and went to sleep. Showed them to my mam nxt day and she said it was shingles but she said as a child i nevr had chicken pox?? So as far as im aware u cant get shingles wihout first having chicken pox? Anyhu went to chemist 3 people looked at it and didnt knw what it was from so they gave me a steriod cream which seems to be reuducing there size and less itchy. No pain or anything an a few weeks ago all my blood yests came bk perfect! And i hear shingles is a sign of aids!!! So im gone insane with worry. Im googling every other second. Any ideas what this rash coupd be other than shingles??? Any feedback would be verrrrrry appreciated.

---------- Post added at 15:32 ---------- Previous post was at 15:28 ----------

Also i have a picture of what they lool like. How do u post pictures?

Annie0904
29-12-12, 14:33
Shingles can occur in people who have had chicken pox as the virus lies dormant in the body. Shingles is NOT a sign of AIDs! Shingles looks like chicken pox spots and run in a straight line and scab over. It could be an allergic reaction or insect bite. If they are responding to the steroid cream then I would say you have nothing at all to worry about.

missykat
29-12-12, 15:26
Was thinking allergic reaction too. But from what i just dont know. They r reacting to the cream so i suppose that is a good sign! Thanks :-)

Tessar
29-12-12, 15:34
Hi missykat - i'm with annie on this, allergic reaction or something of that nature sounds about right. I know people who've had shingles & it doesnt match the description. Sometimes you cant idenitfy what it's all about when it comes to rashes, itchy skin it - it just happens. I had a colleague once who suddenly got all these red itchy pimples. we went through loads of things that could have caused it but drew a big fat blank. but then it settled down. i'm glad the cream's doing the trick. anything you might see linking shingles to aids is just scaremongering. as annie says it's not a sign of aids. that you have no pain & blood tests were normal = relax missykat & STOP GOOGLING, that is an ORDER! No more googling health matters. Best to ask peeps on here for sensible, sound advice like you've done here but dont go looking it up or you'll just give yourself stress that you could do without. Also, if you have something like this again (or it doesnt settle completely), you could see your doctor too. Bye for now.

missykat
29-12-12, 18:16
Hi Tessar. Thanks for reply. I have stopped googling because it was driving me insane with worry and could like u said do without. Thanks again i feel abit more at ease. Cream seems to be working anyway so ill take comfort in that. So glaf all my blood tests were normal recently otherwise i tink i acyually would feel much worse. No googling for me. Thanks. Just goin tru a few tings in my head what could of caused this but could be anything. :-)

missykat
07-01-13, 21:07
Ok. I still have these spots! They r much smaller of course and no longer itchy they are small and crusty to touch it seems they r takn a wile to heal which is very similar to shingles! I dnt mind if it was the shingles as I got through it without too much bother just itching! My biggest fear is WHY would my immune system be supressed?? I rarely get colds or coughs etc! Worrying myself sick thinking I have HIV :( got cbc done in novembr and doc said they were all fine and I was healthy! So am I right in thinking that my wbc were fine aswel? I mean if they were how did I get shingles?? I'm sure if wbc was off I would of been informed surely? Also went bk to another chemist and the man said looks like a shingles rash but I'm ok now and wasn't sick at all with them! Worried about HIV hate it! Any thoughts need to feel bit better asap!!

---------- Post added at 18:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

BUMP!

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:22 ----------

Anybody??

Annie0904
07-01-13, 21:28
I very much doubt it will be HIV. Shingles is caused from chicken pox virus being dormant in your system. (after having chicken pox). If you are really concerned, maybe you should go back to your doctor and let him look at them. It could be an allergy, insect bites or viral infection.

missykat
08-01-13, 10:13
They have gone so small and feel rough to the touch. I'm thinkn if it was the shingles surely my daughter who is 3 would have gotten the chicken pox. Think all this worry is makin me sick. Got to stop before it spirals out of control like it did when my daughter was born. :(

Tessar
08-01-13, 11:19
They have gone so small and feel rough to the touch. I'm thinkn if it was the shingles surely my daughter who is 3 would have gotten the chicken pox. Think all this worry is makin me sick. Got to stop before it spirals out of control like it did when my daughter was born. :(
MissyKat.... Annie is right; make an appointment with your doctor. I feel otherwise you'll continue to think about this and not resolve the issue. The issue needs to be resolved & this is the best way of going about it. Dont leave it to go round & round.