PDA

View Full Version : Introduce myself

Nicola joannidis
29-12-12, 17:00
Hi my name is Nicola. I suffered from GAD and depression last year and went on medication and was fine for a year. My anxiety has come back and I'm no longer on medication so I'm scared that It wont go without medication which is feeding to the anxiety.:welcome:

Baggs
29-12-12, 17:02
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Annie0904
29-12-12, 17:05
Hi :welcome:

nomorepanic
29-12-12, 17:10
Hi Nicola joannidis

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mark13
29-12-12, 17:13
Hi Nicola

Welcome to the forum.

Mark

wazza
29-12-12, 18:53
go and see your GP. They might be able to help without meds, perhaps you might need a short course to get you back on track. Otherwise there are talking therapies like CBT, counselling or hypnotherapy which may help. Welcome to the forum and good luck. I hope its just a temp setback

Sparkle1984
29-12-12, 22:55
Welcome to the forums, Nicola. :)

I'm sorry to hear about your relapse. You have several options - you could ask your doctor if you can go back on the medication, and/or you could ask to be referred for CBT or counselling. I hope you will get the support you need.

How long has it been since your anxiety came back? If it's only a few days, then it could be a temporary blip.

Nicola joannidis
30-12-12, 21:15
It's been a year since I last had anxiety. I have been off the meds for a few months. I'm going back to work Wednesday and hoping that will help as my mind will be I occupied with that :)