PDA

View Full Version : Depressed?

MissHDynamite
29-12-12, 19:10
Hi guys.. Could I have some opinions and advice please.

Really suffering with something at the moment. I suffer panic disorder and monophobia (afraid to be on my own) but both have got increasingly worse over the last six months or so. I very rarely leave the house and am never on my own at the moment. Still waiting on CBT for which I have a meeeting on the 7th Jan after waiting for a year and a half. Just to add my relationship of 17 years is not too good and I am really struggling financially.. some days even for food which I don't really want to say but may aswel tell it as it is after having had to stop work.

I know I am bound to get "fed up" but lately really feeling low. I don't normally suffer from depression so not too sure if it's that or that I am just losing it. I feel like I don't really want to talk and find myself being quiet.. I am struggling to do my housework (although I am doing it) my mind feels full and feel like I am in a pit of misery and that if I cry I won't be able to stop.

I am on 50 of Lustral (sertraline) and putting it up in two weeks. I just wondered if anyone had suffered similar as this quietness is pretty new to me and do we think it is depression ?

Thank you for listening xx

Baggs
29-12-12, 20:54
Sounds like depression to me. I finally found a med that worked for me (Duloxetine) and I ain't never coming off it. I am often in the chatroom if you ever want to talk in real time. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Annie0904
29-12-12, 21:06
MissH really sorry to hear you are feeling so low at the moment, it does sound like you are depressed. A book that really helped me is 'Depressive illness the curse of the strong'. This miserable weather doesn't help either does is, I have been using my light box and it is helping. Sending you lots of big hugs :bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1: x

MissHDynamite
29-12-12, 21:08
Thanks Baggs.. it is this quietness and overwhelming wanting to burst into tears that I am not used too.

So glad you managed to find the right tab for you.. once I get the one that kicks my butt, I won't be coming off it either :D x

Baggs
29-12-12, 21:10
I found Duloxetine now I never shut up. I hope you find the right one for you.

MissHDynamite
29-12-12, 21:17
Aww thanks Annie.. it's probably this Christmas malarky that's got me down. Going to do myself a budget book ready for the New Year.. hopefully if I spread the bills and cut down it will take some strain off. you just feel so flipping useless when you can't give what you normally would.

Hope your doing ok.. I did check in in Boxing Day and noticed you got through Christmas Day without too much difficulty.. so well done :) x

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 21:15 ----------

lol@Baggs x

Annie0904
29-12-12, 21:21
Christmas is a stressful time and January is supposed to be the most depressing month of the year so that doesn't give us much hope does it? :D

MissHDynamite
29-12-12, 21:34
eee by gum (as they say in Yorkshire) lol. We will get there :D

Annie0904
29-12-12, 22:27
We will... we have to keep positive and keep smiling :D

panickyme
29-12-12, 22:37
Aww Miss H I'm sorry you do not feel well. I am going to pm you right now okay! :hugs:

Tessie28
01-01-13, 11:48
:bighug1:Miss H, you are not losing it! This is a really bad time of year for anxiety and depression [IMHO]. I had a s*** day yesterday inspite of the prozac, the beta blockers etc etc.
Big changes in my life [gave up full time teaching last month due to stress] so have to expect some bad times. You get back to your GP ASAP. Take care now xxx