PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any anxiety/stress quotes?

ecila92
29-12-12, 23:51
Hi I know it sounds strange but I was wondering if anyone had any anxiety sort of quotes that are inspiring? I've been looking online and cant see any, but I thought it would be a good idea to think about a quote that could ease anxiety and keep you more motivated when you're feeling anxious. Thanks :D

nomorepanic
30-12-12, 00:18
Have you read this:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/coping/

strengthincharacter!
30-12-12, 04:12
"Worrying is carrying tomorrow's load with today's strength- carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength."

---------- Post added at 23:10 ---------- Previous post was at 23:10 ----------

"You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway."

---------- Post added at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was at 23:10 ----------

"Pain is a relatively objective, physical phenomenon; suffering is our psychological resistance to what happens. Events may create physical pain, but they do not in themselves create suffering. Resistance creates suffering. Stress happens when your mind resists what is... The only problem in your life is your mind's resistance to life as it unfolds. "

---------- Post added at 23:12 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. ~Elbert Hubbard, The Note Book, 1927

AuntieMoosie
30-12-12, 04:37
A few little one's I've got.

1) You don't have to blow my candle out to make yours burn brighter :)....I really love that one, it's for saying to people who like to knock your confidence.

2) Never wrestle with a pig, you will both get dirty, but the pig will like it :)

3) Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained. ~Arthur Somers Roche

4) Blessed is the person who is too busy to worry in the daytime and too sleepy to worry at night. ~Author Unknown

5) Fear: False Evidence Appearing Real. ~Author Unknown

6) Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is.

7) If you surrender to the wind, you can ride it. ~Toni Morrison.......I absolutely love that one:)

And I'll finish with my all time favourite

8) A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step :)

MelinaJane
30-12-12, 13:24
Love all these quotes. I too really find quotes like these help to focus my troubled mind

I remember one my counseller used to say, based on a buddhist phrase I think - 'Live in the moment, this is the only moment'

:)

cymraig_chris
30-12-12, 15:04
Anxiety doesn't exist, it is only seems real because we fight something that does not exist.

Look at you family and friends who are not anxious, you are no different in any way to any of them.

Not only are you not ill, anxiety does not exist.

There are no critical decisions.

You are no different than anybody else, well or otherwise.

Your anxiety is you fighting against nothing.

Ie.

There is no spoon.