PDA

View Full Version : So frightened right now....

joney
30-12-12, 12:14
Hello everyone.

I haven't been on here for a few years but still like to look back for help and support now and again. And I feel now its time to log on properly and gain some advice.

I've had a terrible year for health anxiety, even brought on GERD and possible IBS which I've seen my doctor a few times about. I ended up having a abdomen ultrasound plus bloods 4 months ago which showed normal. Then I had a few weeks where I was just plodding along ok, not eating much as I met a guy who made me have butterflies. He's currently away travelling.

But the past 8 days, I have felt very unwell, I felt very bloated a few days before, couldnt eat much, then I had sickness and diarrhea with temp/shivery etc. this was over Christmas, I just picked at a few things to eat as I wasnt feeling hungry and still had diarrhea with some slight bloody mucus in my stool. Anyway 2 nights ago as I got into bed, I had a horrid pain on my upper right side, couldnt hardly move, talk, breathe with it. I went to the doctors as soon as I could get in, and he felt all around and said maybe a 'stone' or just a viral infection. The thing is my stomach around that area really is tender to touch, and Im just so scared its a tumour or something they have missed on the scan. It just doesnt feel right inside. Ive still got a bit of diarrhea, but the doctor didnt seem too bothered and just sent me away.

I just want to demand another scan plus a camera up your bottom scan as I'm convinced its something nasty.

Please help me anyone

Anxious_gal
30-12-12, 12:32
A lot of people have been ill over Christmas.
I didn't get fully sick but I went a few weeks with this random episodes of feeling sick and throwing up.

It would happen more so after I ate.
I'd feel sick, have lots of tummy acid.
I had trapped wind and tummy pain too.

I do get nausea a lot, but these episodes were much more random and intense.

Over Christmas a few family members had mild fevers, vomiting and going to the bathroom a lot.

It could be an ulcer, if it burns or the pain gets worse after you eat.
They usually clear up on their own if you eat a mild diet.
I would suggest probiotics or live yogurts too.

If you're not happy, still in pain or worried see a new doctor?
The one you saw doesnt seem to be too good at explaing things.
Finding a doctor whose willing to listen but also to explain and to addresses your worries can be very helpful.

If you don't have a fever then it's not an infection which is good :)
I don't know of it's a kidney stone. The pain tends to be more in your back, with random attacks of bad pain.

nj
30-12-12, 14:20
I went to the doctors as soon as I could get in, and he felt all around and said maybe a 'stone' or just a viral infection. The thing is my stomach around that area really is tender to touch, and Im just so scared its a tumour or something they have missed on the scan. It just doesnt feel right inside. Ive still got a bit of diarrhea, but the doctor didnt seem too bothered and just sent me away

I've been reading the workbook that is sticky linked and one of the big ones is trusting your doctor and not try to outguess them.

joney
30-12-12, 17:45
Thank you for your replies. Pain has been bad today, but probably because Ive been moving around a lot, doesnt seem to hurt as much if Im lying still. I just dont know what it is, and I need to know as I've got all sorts of worries going on in my head, especially the main one bowel cancer. I had my stomach scan back in August but that didnt take a look at my bowels.

Im so worried : (