PDA

View Full Version : cold / flu or something worse ??

honeyp1e
30-12-12, 13:25
Day 3 today of feeling crappy for the past 3days I've had sore throat / sore head / hot flushes / no energy and still have it today just not as bad as the past two days but still have them but also today have tight knot in stomach most prob from all my over thinking ,!! Am constantly thinking OMG what if am getting that vomiting bug etc.. (Am emetophobic so freaking out) my bf keeps telling me its just a cold and will be gone in a few days but didn't realize it can make u feel so crappy :( just hope am feeling better soon .... Just need to stop my over thinking and constant worrying to just tell myself its just a cold / flu etc

AnnieMags
30-12-12, 14:23
You are describing exactly what my husband has! He has been to the doctor who told him it is a viral infection (I read that as 'a bad cold'). His stomach also feels unsetled, but he has not been sick and is now also into his third day. i think it is just a typical winter sniffle bug that seems to be going round.

I would not worry about it turning into a vomiting bug - that comes on very suddenly and you would have had it by now.

Keep warm, drink plenty of healthy fluids and you will soon be back on your feet. Hugs from Annie :hugs:

honeyp1e
30-12-12, 21:23
Thanks annie
feeling bit better today but still bit of a sore throat but got my energy back ( now myson has sore throat and temp :(
I just hate my negative thinking works time thinking all kinds

chl_hobbs
30-12-12, 22:17
It does sound like the viral bug that everyones getting at the mo. In a weird way I take comfort knowing that others have it because then at least I know it IS just a bug thats going round! Its when im the only one with something I start to freak out.... Hope u feel much better soon hun xxx

honeyp1e
30-12-12, 23:22
Thanks chl_Hobbs yea am the same knowing that some1has had it or has it then it settles my mind alot more xx

Anxious_gal
31-12-12, 04:35
Anytime I had the flu it came with a fever.
Where as a cold came with the sore throat, head, runny nose, cough and lack of energy.
Either way they can be hard to shift and hang around for ages.
Drink lots of soups and take vitamin C.
Soup is good as it hydrates you and often has added vitamins :)

honeyp1e
31-12-12, 09:51
Feeling good today just not really hungry an sore throat still

MargaretHale
31-12-12, 10:19
Same here, I'm full of cold but I also keep feeling sick and dizzy.

Hope we're all well soon.

x