PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma!

Em.ma
30-12-12, 13:58
Hello I've just had a nosey on Facebook for someone at work. And accidentally clicked send friend request I'm
Mortified and am now nervous to go back to work!! I cancelled it straight away after I realised I clicked it! Will they get a message threw to their phone saying I sent one!! It looks terrible as I'm not actually friends with them I was being nosey and they know in nosey to!

PanchoGoz
30-12-12, 14:07
No that's why facebook added the cancel button, in case people do it by mistake. They won't get a notification.

Em.ma
30-12-12, 14:56
Are you sure? As the second I sent it surely it went to their phone? But then I cancelled it a second later ? Scared it was too late?

---------- Post added at 14:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

I know it won't be on their anymore but Facebook will send the e-mail regardless it can stop that?

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:23 ----------

Whenever you send an add request or a message the notification reaches to the device or email which she/he has set for notification within few seconds. So when you cancel the request the person know you cancelled it. LOL!!!
I read this online

---------- Post added at 14:56 ---------- Previous post was at 14:47 ----------

I actually work in close quarters with this person to. We're stuck in a room together just us two and do spend a lot of time talking now I'm embarrassed to go back! Even though next year I think I'm doing something different !

PanchoGoz
30-12-12, 15:00
If it's an email notification that makes sense yes, but if was just a normal notification it comes up then disappears again, that's happened to me before. So it depends on if they were on facebook at the time, have email notifications and if they even give a flying poo that someone accidentally added them then cancelled it. This is a mistake with very short term consequences, don't let it fly out of proportion.

Em.ma
30-12-12, 15:02
Thanks yep I mean e-mail I also get a texts aswell to
My phone. It just makes me look nosey and I'm embarrassed lol.