PDA

View Full Version : cant do it anymore cant live a life like this

mrs way to worried
30-12-12, 17:38
im so frightened i cant deal with it anymore and its not even an imaginary thing now its real i have a huge lump in my mouth in my cheek and it doesnt hurt !!!! its getting bigger this lump has been there for a while it used to get bigger and smaller but now it gets bigger every day its like the size of a large marble and its squishy after looking on a medical website i found out its a salivary gland if it was blocked with a stone it would hurt but it doesnt im sure its cancer to the point i just think sod it if i end it now i wont have to die a long painful death i have 3 children under 5 i cant bare to say goodbye to them but if i go to the doctors i cant cope with the fact i know shes gonna say its terminal cause i already know its to late im desperate someone please help me

countrygirl
30-12-12, 17:51
But what if your Dr says its not something terminal and a quick op would sort the problem out once and for all????? Your catastrophising which is what we all do on here. I totally totally sympathise with how you feel as we all on hre feel as you do with all our symptoms but doing nothing about it won't help.

Worst case scenario you are worrying about is that you have a cancerous lump - dong nothing about it is not an option as you would end up in a much worse state ingnoring it. I'm not trying to sound harsh here just trying to make you see a little bit of common sense and thats meant in a nice way.

Make appt with your Dr as soon as possible, Dr will obviously need to send you for tests but at least you will be doing something. Sitting at home in a state of terror is not helping anyone least of all your little children. We may think we are hiding our terror from them but we cannot and they worry becasue we worry but they cannot understand.

Take a deep breath, try and calm down a little and decide a plan of action. I have found this to be one way I can control my health anxiety. Having a set plan of what to do gives control.

So ring up tomorrow and make Drs appt earliest possible.

It has just a much chance of being something not nasty as it does of being something nasty.

AnnieMags
30-12-12, 17:56
I know how desperately worried you must be, but be assured that lumps on the inside of your cheek can be any number of things, most of them harmless. You are letting your imagination run wild (I know, I have been there!) and you have already decided that there is nothing to be done. A website cannot diagnose you. Here's what I would do: get the first possible appointment with your dentist or your doctor - whoever can see you first. The odds are very much in your favour that this will turn out to be nothing to worry about. Hugs from Annie :hugs:

mrs way to worried
30-12-12, 17:58
im there on wednsday its the soonist app they have dunno if i will cope until then i hate feeling like this even my daughter has bad anxiety and it all my fault shes only 4

vindrea
30-12-12, 18:12
Blocked salivery glands do NOT hurt and can bigger and smaller - ive had one x

Ronno
30-12-12, 18:17
Hi . I know it's not easy not to worry , and when it's you who's worrying you cant be clear headed , the lump in your cheek I'd expect is not the saliva gland but a blocked duct , and easily blocked by some thing as simple. As biteing your cheek . When my son was in his teens he took a blow under his chin when playing rugby , the result , a blocked saliva duct under his chin ( called a ranula) it grew so big it lifted his tounge up ,that was soft and painless .
If the doctor can't see you short notice try the dentist .
Take care .

mrs way to worried
30-12-12, 22:22
Thankyou for your replys everyone I hate being this irrational it makes me feel so ill I've got a double appointment booked with my doctor so ill have a good 20 mins to go through things with her ,she's very good but during a normal appointment I panic because I feel rushed so don't ever get to say what I need to I hope its nothing serious x

---------- Post added at 22:22 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

can anyone tell me anything about salivary stones or blocked ducks ? i dont want to google

beauty2010
02-01-13, 21:17
Hi
Hope your appointment went OK
B

mrs way to worried
03-01-13, 20:20
it was very wierd i went and went through everything she checked the lump for me and said there was nothing there she asked me to show her where i thaught the lump was so i did she felt it again and said there was no lump all she could feel was the opening of the salivary gland ,she could tell i was confused so she said for me to book another appointment in two weeks and b4 i go eat something and fiddle about with the lump to get it to grow then she will check it again she said if it was cancer it would keep growing not go up and down and ive poss got a small cyst blocking my gland but she said i have no cancer symptoms at all ,she checked my mole and said it looked fine but for my own piece of mind to take a pic of it next to a ruler so if i panicked i could look and see it hasnt grown