PDA

View Full Version : thinking of changing

leanne....28
30-12-12, 18:51
hi ive been on flox 20mg for 6 weeks and im thinking bout going back to change to citalpam im still feeling very sick and so very pariond with ive neber felt before ......anyone eles ave changed over

Mark13
30-12-12, 20:23
I've not done a direct switch from one to the other, but I've been on both and had far fewer side effects on Citalopram.

Apparently the GP should tell you to withdraw the fluoxetine, then start the citalopram a few days later (fluoxetine has a very long half-life) so it should be straightforward if that's what you choose to do.

leanne....28
30-12-12, 20:55
thanks mark im gona back to docs tomor see what he thinks ,my mental health nurse suggested cit so im thinking mayby he should of put me on those to start with.x

Mark13
31-12-12, 00:13
Good luck, if you decide to change to Cit I hope it works better for you.

Arnie365
31-12-12, 09:14
Hi Leanne only you and your GP can really make this decision but mine told me it takes a good 6-10 weeks to really feel the benefits. It would just bea shame if you were only a week or two away from starting to feel better.

I don't mean to confuse you and obviously it's not me suffering your side effects but I thought about giving up in week 3 as I felt awful, really really panicky coming on me in waves which I didn't have before meds but I'm now into week 5 and starting to feel better.

snoopy38
31-12-12, 11:16
Hi, please read my post re. 7 weeks. This was the turning point for me and although I'm not perfect yet (I still have tight throat and chest and some anxiety) things are so much better. I'm so glad I hung in there. It wasn't easy when so many people felt better at 4-6 weeks. This was my hardest time but after 7 weeks, things got so much better. I would say if you can, hang in there until 12 weeks before you make a decision but I know that isn't easy. Big hugs. Xxxx

Janine
31-12-12, 11:22
Hi Snoopy, good to hear from you, glad things are getting better for you at last, when I was feeling bad I had made up my mind to give it to 8 weeks so it is good advice.

Leanne hopefully this will help you, let me know how you get on at doc's.

Hugs to you bothxxxx

snoopy38
31-12-12, 12:03
Thanks Janine. Your support really helped me when I was feeling rubbish. I'm actually looking forward to getting back to work now. I think it's definitely the next step in getting better. I'm glad you had a nice Christmas. It must have been a really difficult one for you without your dad. Let's hope next year brings us all happiness and peace of mind. Xxx

leanne....28
02-01-13, 18:45
hi all thanks for all the support i went back to doc and he said hold out for another few weeks so thats wot im gona do i feel better tho mayby it was just a lil blip and in starting to want to eat food again so that must b a goog thing.xxx thanks again for all your support it really means alot to know your not alone .xxx:yesyes:

Arnie365
02-01-13, 18:48
That's the right decision. Good luck, hope you're soon feeling better

Janine
02-01-13, 19:49
Hi Leanne, really glad you are going to stick with it, I don't think you will regret it, I think you are so close now, these blips are horrible but you will get them less and less, glad you are feeling a bit better too, starting to want to eat better is a good sign.

Let me know how you ar getting on xxxx

stormyok10
03-01-13, 07:48
Hi leanne'
Pleased you have decided to stick with fluox, will read your progress with interest as am on week 4 now & like you was wondering if they are working. Some days feel that I am improving slightly then get 2 days that really knock me back. Still struggling with appetite & sleep. Some days feel really hungry then when food in front of me cant face it. XXx