PDA

View Full Version : whos experiencing chest discomfort-achey/pressure/tight or pain

eddy1608
30-12-12, 19:21
hi, just trying to speak to people who are going through this now i have it daily my therapist is trying to get me to exercise to challenge the thoughts but i am worried ill have a heart attack or something.
cheers guys

ecila92
30-12-12, 19:38
i get shortness of breath but i dont know if its a symptom of anxiety, i think theres a lot of viral infections going around at the moment so it might be that

fruity
30-12-12, 19:58
hi, just trying to speak to people who are going through this now i have it daily my therapist is trying to get me to exercise to challenge the thoughts but i am worried ill have a heart attack or something.
cheers guys
you won,t have a heart attack. its anxiety. my breathings been a bit weird earlia. i have got a little chesty cough wich doesn,t help but anxiety is main course. do you ever get pulsating in your chest & body. i do sometimes

Arnie365
31-12-12, 06:13
Hi Eddy

Yes I have this. I'm up to a brisk hour walk with the dogs each morning so far. Not quite ready for the gym daily yet but one step at a time.

It's hard but if your heart has been checked and you got the all clear then it is just anxiety and avoiding exercise is just reinforcing to your sub conscious that something is wrong with your heart when there isn't. Until you crack this you will continue gettin symptoms and chest pains. I'm so much further along in my recovery than I was a few months ago and do know its just anxiety now but I still get daily chest pains and that panic does instantly flash through me.