PDA

View Full Version : new and seeking support system

ATory
30-12-12, 19:33
:shades: hi all first i came by this site accidently as i am always searching for symptoms or reading material on my conditon.
i am a sufferer of complex ptsd my label given to me... it means i suffer from panic attacks, chronic anxiety, depression, flashbacks, and others....

i have so many systems and get the tests and the common comment from my doctors its part of your conditon. :weep:

the symptoms still seem to freak me out and confuse me..

i take xanax though i dislike medications and take the lowest dose as i try to ride through all this.

i am under the care of a phsyciatrist. who is always saying i have to get a support system. no i dont have anyone

anyhow hoping to get some

looking forward to gaining some information here at the times the world seems to sleep or not want to hear thankyou

Annie0904
30-12-12, 19:35
Hi :welcome: I am sure you will find lots of support here.

almamatters
30-12-12, 19:42
Just wanted to :welcome: you to the site. I hope you find it as helpful and supportive as I do.

nomorepanic
30-12-12, 19:44
Hi ATory

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mark13
30-12-12, 20:30
Hello and welcome to the forum.

oh no_1
31-12-12, 04:16
welcome to nmp.
this site is full of info and different forums posted daily.

Arnie365
31-12-12, 08:46
Welcome I've found this forum a godsend and hope you do as well.

ATory
01-01-13, 19:20
thankyou all for the welcome..... i am finding this so far helpful and will continure thanks again...

Bozzi
02-01-13, 09:09
Hey I feel for you, you have many of the same issues I have, it seems like everything's such a struggle right. I've tried psychiatrists and medication too and I've come to realize that medication for me is a big no as it just masks the problem and no one likes to be dependent on anything right? So, this has brought me to focus on getting more therapy/psychological help in order to get to the root cause of the problem. A good tip for helping me would be to write a list of all the topics you think about that triggers the anxiety - negative thoughts. After that, I would read them out to myself 5 times and instantly sit down for 20 minutes (set a timer if you have to) and meditate.

1. Only concentrate on the feeling of being (your body) let go of the thoughts and focus on breathing (notice how your diaphragm goes up and down, etc)
2. Eyes relaxed but not shut.
3. Head and back straight - good posture.
4. Key - let go of all your thoughts (thoughts will no doubt enter your head but each time they do, redirect your focus on the diaphragm and breathing)
Keep redirecting your focus to breathing and not thinking every time a thought wonders through your head.

This has really helped my mind begin to slow down its thought processes significantly, I still have anxiety but meditation for me is a powerful tool.
Do meditation 20 mins when you wake up, and 20 mins before you go sleep.

Good luck to you, heal well.

xdavex
02-01-13, 10:32
Hello & a warm welcome, I'm new to the forum too & it seems a good place to be
:welcome:
Dave.