PDA

View Full Version : Can't cope

Ats666
30-12-12, 23:18
I don't feel I can cope with this feeling anymore. Tonight I feel like my throats dry, feel like I can't breathe. The more I'm thinking about it the more I can't breathe properly, or feel like I can't breathe. I just want to be normal again :weep:

ell1877
30-12-12, 23:24
I used to feel like you and it scared me so much I even went to the hospital one night convinced my throat was going to of closed by the time I got there but that was 13 years ago n I'm still here :-) your throat feeling dry is just your anxiety n panic it's your body's natural defence as the adrenaline flys around your body try n focus on something else n calm down I no it's easier said than done but honestly you will be fine I promise xx

Nat20
30-12-12, 23:48
Hi, my very first panic attack experience was when I thought I was having allergic reactions as I had a dry throat and a sensation of my throat closing up. It took months to find out that I was alright and it was just panic. It's a horrible feeling. I thought I was chocking and many times ended up driving to the hospital. I would check my throat in the mirror non stop which gave me cramps in my tongue. I managed to control it now. I still sometimes get the feeling but I just ignore it. It takes time but it does get better. Every time I would get the sensation I wouldn't check my throat and just distract myself. Just believe that you will be fine and nothing bad will happen to you. Take care!

Izzie2494
30-12-12, 23:50
I know exactly what you are going through i keep feeling my throat is swollen and that i cant breathe properly i look forward to bed time as i know i wont be thinking about it! Ive learnt concerntrating on it does make it worse so try and distract yourself xx

yewlandskid
31-12-12, 00:28
I've found over the years a dose of B vitamins and early night and a bit of distraction of doing something you love goes a very long way in the short term, to settling the nerves.

---------- Post added at 00:28 ---------- Previous post was at 00:26 ----------

Ps i have been a sufferer for 30 years though I am almost on top of it now. I still haven't been on holiday for years, my weak spot, but I hope to conquer this, this year.

EnterTheFlea
31-12-12, 00:56
My panic attacks all centre around the fear of gagging/being sick and the main symptom I have is a dry throat. Its weird, when I'm distracted I won't notice my throat at all, but as soon as I think about it, dry throat instantly. The mind is a funny think, but it makes me realise that all my fear is in my mind... it is the same for all panic attacks. The brain is a powerful thing, but it can be "re-wired" it just takes time...

Ats666
31-12-12, 10:16
Thanks for the replies you are all really supportive. I went to bed an read for a bit which helped as it took my mind off it. Still feel in edge this morning, but im working nights to night and I think I am getting anxious about catching this norovirus as I work in a hospital....aaarrgghhhh. :(

Izzie2494
31-12-12, 20:50
http://www.panicaway.com/anxiety-symptoms/anxiety-breathing - this helped reassure me!