PDA

View Full Version : HELP

katyfitz
27-08-06, 15:36
I have been invited out to a club tonight for the bank holiday and i really wanna go but ever since ive found out im going ive felt wrotten, like sick headache, shaky just things going round in my head like the WHAT IF'S and will i be ok?

My symptoms at the moment are

FEELING NAUSUES
LIGHTHEADED
HOT FLUSHED
DIZZY SPELLS

I dont know if this is a warning telling me not to go or telling me to go its really wierd just wish i could sort my head out

any one able to write back before tonight would be appreciated x

jodie
27-08-06, 15:40
hi katy

this is your anxiety telling you not to go dont give in to it i bet if you go you will have a realy good night remember you can allways go home if you want to .

go and have a realy good night try let your hair down.
jodiexx

polly daydream
27-08-06, 15:48
Hi Katy, as I said in the chat room today, you will be fine hun, you must not let the anxiety ruin your evening, when you reach the club and settle in you will feel more relaxed, just have a good.

Let us know how you got on.

Take care,

Polly x

jackie
27-08-06, 16:28
this is no warning it is just how i feel at the moment and it is panic and fear. it is our devious minds

go. please try to go

jackie

alicia123
27-08-06, 16:37
My strategy on occasions like this was to force myself to go, but make sure that I had a bolt hole at the venue (usually my car) so that if I felt bad I could go and do it alone and avoid embarrassment. Sometimes even the idea of this was sufficient to remove the anxiety symotoms temporarily.

alicia

This helped me (so I don't go on about it!):
www.alphadynamics.com

Wannabeloved85
27-08-06, 16:57
we have 2 options here,
You could not go and proberbly wish you did! or you could go, and tell the host that you cant stay long as you have other things planned, that way your not proposing to stay all night should you begin to feel ill.
Have fun!
Becci x

manmoor
27-08-06, 17:19
Hi Katy,

Go out hun and enjoy yourself. Your stronger than these thoughts.

Take Care

Mandyxx

LockedShut
27-08-06, 17:47
I'm exactly the same. I think WHAT IF something goes wrong etc. What I do is prepare for everything. Make sure I have an escape route, an excuse, as bad as it sounds. So that if I feel I can't take it I can say "sorry, gotta be up early tomorrow" or something and I can leave.

But do go and try to enjoy yourself. :)
xo

<center>***************************
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me...</center>

Lindalou64
27-08-06, 19:36
hi kayt.......
oh ya u should go its the anticaption of it thats all the what ifs give yaself a plan when u go if u feel real bad just excuse ya self and leave cant hurt but thats my way of doing things tell myself i will leave if i have to and i never do just knowing i can helps alot so go have fun...Linda[8D]

ceecee
27-08-06, 19:56
hi katy go and have a great time!!its just the horrible anxiety playing tricks on you!!!let us know how you get on
take care
rachel x

Meggy
28-08-06, 04:38
Hi Katy -
I know exactly what you're talking about - I get that too. I do have epilepsy that is quite active and have seized at events but really? It doesn't embarass me that much. I think it's harder on others. I get this horrible feeling of being trapped, even in church, the movie, anywhere. Someone else said plan an escape route? That's what I always do and for me with known epilepsy? I can always say - I don't feel good and believe me, everyone wants me to leave :) But I also make sure I sit on the end of an aisle which seems to help a lot, if things start getting too intense I'll go outside for awhile. My husband is very understanding I have this problem so often when we go somewhere to meet others he'll say for me - we're not sure how long we can stay and that alone helps me relax.

Meggy