PDA

View Full Version : Can't cope with this panic

Loubylou282
31-12-12, 09:23
I feel like panic/anxiety is taking over my life, I really am struggling and it is hard with a family to look after, feel like I have hit rock bottom and don't know how to get up again, just started on Propranolol, my anxiety is making me depressed, my mind never stops, I'm having sleeping and eating problems and have lost all motivation, Help!

Annie0904
31-12-12, 09:38
Hopefully your medication will kick in soon and you will start to feel better. Have you had CBT? If not you could ask your doctor for a referral. x

Baggs
31-12-12, 09:39
Hi Loubylou,
I feel for you. I have never taken Propanolol but I used to take Mirtazapine which helped me sleep and improved my appetite. I hope things improve for you soon.

Baggs

honeyp1e
31-12-12, 10:06
Loubylou am the same as you are now feel I can't cope anymore with my anxiety/panic my mind NEVER shuts up am constantly over thinking / not eating much and just have no motivation now I feel it's a constant battle and feel I've been battling it for to long now I can't carry on am really drained from it and just keep thinking will it ever stop and be. Good day for me ? To make matters worse am emetophobic so my anxiety is worse with all this norovirus going round and to top it off I've been I'll for 4days now with sore throat / hot flushes / no energy / headache etc seems to have all settled now just bit of sore throat and have meal booked for tonight but just don't wanna go ask I have no appetite back yet but don't wanna let my bf down as he has paid a lot of money for tonight (to much) but how can u go while my over thinking mind won't shut up :( and am still not feeling 100%

gothic_rose
31-12-12, 10:46
Im feeling exactly the same right now. I have been having what feels like one long panic attack for the last 6 days. Im exhausted and thouroughly annoyed with myself for getting in this state. Have meds but they are nt working. being reviwed on weds.

I sincerley hope you feel better soon and sending virtual love your way.

all the best

Arnie365
31-12-12, 11:00
Hi LoubyLou

are you on any other medication or just propranolol? I ask becuase Propranolol only helps reduce physical symptoms by cutting down your andrenaline production and effect on the body. It does nothing for the underlining mental health issues.

Some type of SSRI or SNRI combined with therapy such as CBT is best for this.

I was very reluctant to go on anti depressants always thinking I could outthink my anxiety and I was mentally strong enough to fight it. The propranolol did very little for me over two weeks and I got steadily worse so I gave in and started on Fluoxetine 35 days ago. Now I see that its nothing to do with not being mentally strong taking medication, I think I actually was mentally strong for realising I had a problem and needed to let help in. Ive also started CBT and am seeing a big improvement in myself already. Only just starting the journey but at least im heading in the right direction.

starlight78
31-12-12, 19:54
Totally agree with Arnie. I've realised that when I'm depressed my thinking is totally warped. I can't think or logic my way out of worrying thoughts. When I feel better my thoughts don't jump to that scary place. If you aremt already talk to your GP about starting an SSRI like citalopram or sertraline. It will help mood and anxiety. Takes a couple of week to kick in, but it's worth the wait. A life saver for me. X