PDA

View Full Version : waking up unable to beathe and pounding heart

mags1501
31-12-12, 10:35
I think I've been feeling anxious over the Christmas Holidays as my chest feel tight sometimes and I feel as if I can't breathe as deeply as I normally do. However for about 2 weeks now I've been waking up in the middle of the night unable to breath/catch my breath and my heart is jumping out of my chest and beating fast. It's so scary and I can feel myself getting worked up just thinking about it. I've suffered with HA for about 3 yrs now and have had CBT. I take 10mg of Citalopram daily and my dr is very supportive. Do you think this is just another HA symptom or would you book an appt at the dr's. You can imagine what is going through my mind!! Heart attack, sleep apnea, I'm not going to get through this attack etc etc.
Thanks

vindrea
31-12-12, 11:07
i think its another symptom huni xxxx

scared22
31-12-12, 12:08
I know this has happened to me several times before and it really is scary as you truely feel like you can't get your breath! Its only ever happened to me when my anxiety has been bad and if I've been worrying a lot before I went to sleep. If you have been anxious lately that could be why? Although if you are really concerned you should see the dr :)