PDA

View Full Version : Coping with citalopram...

LockedShut
27-08-06, 20:15
As I've mentioned before, I'm on 10mg citalopram. I started it two days ago...

This morning I woke up feeling really sick with a terrible headache. Now I feel kinda shaky and warm and clammy. And still kinda nauseas, though I haven't had dinner yet.

Are these the side-effects I can expect? Are there anymore, and how bad will they get? I guess I'm just worried about it I'm going to make it through to a time where the side-effects wont bother me anymore. Does/has anyone else taken citalopram, and what do you do to cope with the side-effects??

Cheers :)
xo

<center>***************************
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me...</center>

LockedShut
27-08-06, 22:59
I'm really starting to feel cr**py... anyone got any advice??
:( :( :(

polly daydream
27-08-06, 23:36
Hi, yes they are all side effects that you have mentioned, my anxiety increased for about two weeks also, which was awfull but I got through and you will too if you hang on in there and don't give up. You will feel alot better once they kick in, that can take up to a month sometimes more. As for coping you have just got to ride the storm, its horrible but you will get through.

Take care,

Pollyx

nomorepanic
27-08-06, 23:43
No advice sorry!

I tried them for less than a week and felt so crap I had to stop taking them.

Meds really don't agree with me so gave them up 8 years ago.

I understand that they make you feel much worse before better if you can stand the side effects.

Nicola

honeybee3939
28-08-06, 00:48
Hi there

I have been taking Citalopram on and off now for the last 8 years, i like you get shaky, headache, intence anxiety,dizzy for the first week or so but then the side affects subside, try and stick with them for a couple of weeks, they work wonders for me.

Love

Andrea
xxxx

LockedShut
28-08-06, 11:55
Thanks a lot for the advice :)

Seems my worries were for nothing. I woke up this morning feeling fine. Almost great even. It's been so long since I could just jump out of bed. I don't know if maybe I'm one of the lucky ones who don't have to deal with side-effects, or if my body can "ignore" them well. I've only been on citalopram since Friday night! [:O]

Strangely, I'm in a good mood. Which is weird, considering everything. Maybe natures way of giving me a security blanket once in a while. Just a day where I can feel myself again.

But I guess I'll wait and see what comes along tonight...
Thanks again for the advice :D
xo