PDA

View Full Version : Low blood pressure

Annie0904
31-12-12, 23:11
I guess most people who are anxious worry about high blood pressure but mine is the other way round. I always have low blood pressure and tonight I feel really dizzy and faint. I checked my BP and it is 76/48. I am not really too worried but going to go and lie down as I feel so bad.

swgrl09
31-12-12, 23:14
aw I hope you feel better!! you should eat more unhealthy to get higher bp!! (just joking) I don't know much about low BP but will wish you a happy new year before you go to bed! :hugs:

nomorepanic
31-12-12, 23:14
Isn't that too low Annie? I can't remember what my doc said about blood pressure dropping too low and when to call for help.

I know when I was taken ill into hospital mine fell low and they did something about it as they said it was too low.

clio51
31-12-12, 23:15
Annie think you should go see doc after New year as you don't want to be fainting. low blood pressure is as bad as high blood pressure. xx

Annie0904
31-12-12, 23:20
My Mam said I should ring NHS direct but I will check it again in about 15 mins to see if it goes back up. If I lie down for a bit it might improve.

Gotagetthroughthis
31-12-12, 23:20
Well they say low blood pressure is better that high and is usually a sign you are reasonably fit. My blood pressure is pretty low most of the time aswell. Its usually 100/50 and sometimes 90/40.

The main thing is if you feel ok then and aren't near passing out all the time then you are probably ok. Im sure your ok but 76/48 does sound a little low, did you measure it with a blood pressure moniter? Does your doctor know your blood pressure is that low?

Annie0904
31-12-12, 23:22
It is nearly always under 100 but not quite as low as it is tonight.

Gotagetthroughthis
31-12-12, 23:24
Sometimes the monitors get it slightly wrong, so check again in a minute and let us know :)

Annie0904
31-12-12, 23:27
It is 80/56 now so it is going back up. I was in hospital once for an op on the day ward and they said I couldn't go home until my BP went up. My husband said "well we will never get home then"!

Janine
31-12-12, 23:31
Annie lay with your feet higher than your head, that should help, I have had low pressure in the past and really low when having my third son and that is what they told me to do, also rest as that will also help

Janine

panickyme
31-12-12, 23:34
Annie are you doing alright, and is it the New Year there yet? Hope you feel better. :hugs:

Annie0904
31-12-12, 23:35
Annie lay with your feet higher than your head, that should help, I have had low pressure in the past and really low when having my third son and that is what they told me to do, also rest as that will also help

Janine

My husband just told me to hang upside down from the ceiling! I have just put cushions under my feet (laid on bed) will check again just now. I feel so dizzy and sick.

Janine
31-12-12, 23:40
Thats the sort of thing my husband would say to me, hope it is helping now, it is a horrible feeling, sometimes mine goes low if I have not eaten or if I am not feeling well. xxx

Annie0904
31-12-12, 23:45
It has gone up to 90/68 now. What a great way to see in the New Year, flat on my back with my feet on cushions! :roflmao: I darn't get up yet in case I faint!

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:44 ----------

Annie are you doing alright, and is it the New Year there yet? Hope you feel better. :hugs:

About 15 minutes to go here but I feel like I am in Australia as I am almost upside down!

Tessar
31-12-12, 23:49
It has gone up to 90/68 now. What a great way to see in the New Year, flat on my back with my feet on cushions! :roflmao: I darn't get up yet in case I faint!

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:44 ----------

About 15 minutes to go here but I feel like I am in Australia as I am almost upside down!

Wot r we going to do with u Annie. Don't put Jools on coz petula clark's on & it mite make u feel worse

Emilie sande, that's more like it

panickyme
31-12-12, 23:49
Awwww Annie, get better!!!!!! Happy New Year, hope you feel better!!!! We still have 5 hrs to go. Just putting some makeup on so I don't scare anyone while I am out! lol :hugs:

Janine
31-12-12, 23:50
Good its going in the right direction.

Annie0904
31-12-12, 23:54
Awwww Annie, get better!!!!!! Happy New Year, hope you feel better!!!! We still have 5 hrs to go. Just putting some makeup on so I don't scare anyone while I am out! lol :hugs:

Enjoy your night out..hopefully I will be fast asleep when you see in the New Year xx

panickyme
31-12-12, 23:59
You will be snoring, I will check in, in the morning. I need you to get better, get some rest, and if it does not go up. call the Doc. Happy New Year!

Annie0904
01-01-13, 00:01
Midnight here...Happy New Year Everyone :)

Tessar
01-01-13, 00:03
Midnight here...Happy New Year Everyone :)

And to u &. Everyone else here too

Janine
01-01-13, 00:13
Happy New Year to you all. xxx

PanchoGoz
07-01-13, 22:04
Annie I'm getting more and more convinced I have low blood pressure...when I sit I always prefer to be curled up or lounging with my feet about heart level. The more "upright" I am the more ill I feel. I have similar "ill" symptoms to you especially with the postural hypotension. It's either this or dehydration...or both! :wacko: I think I may go get a bood test. Hoping you recovered ok from that episode? xxx

ElizabethJane
07-01-13, 22:32
I suffer from low blood pressure. It is the lithium that does it and I am always aware of it. Dothiepin was notorious for it when I took that as well. EJ

Annie0904
07-01-13, 23:08
I take dothiapin so that is prob what it is especially as my dose was increased just before Christmas x

---------- Post added at 23:08 ---------- Previous post was at 23:06 ----------

PanchoGoz I cant stand for long as I go really dizzy and often need to lie down x

PanchoGoz
07-01-13, 23:31
Maybe it's linked to anxiety? I know panic makes your blood pressure rise but what about the aftereffects...

Annie0904
08-01-13, 09:10
My BP is always low but my heart rate is usually high even when resting.

ricardo
08-01-13, 09:16
High or low BP can be heridatry but being overweight and smoking definitely doesn't help lower blood pressure.

Heat and humidity can also have a major effect on low BP being even lower.

Not sure but many forms of medication tend to lower the BP

Annie0904
08-01-13, 09:24
I guess it is better for it to be low rather than high but it gets annoying when I keep going dizzy and lightheaded. I also faint quite easily so maybe that is linked. I have never smoked and never been over weigt. I guess my Bp may have got lower recently because I havnt been eating much .