PDA

View Full Version : Health worrier with intense anxiety and fear

ladyworrier
01-01-13, 04:00
Hello. I am new to this website and am grateful to have found it. I have intense health anxiety and when I have to wait for an appointment or a test result, I get so anxious that I cannot function as a normal human being. Right now I am waiting for an appointment for a real medical problem that has a long differential for what could be causing it. So I have to see experts in University medical centers here in the U.S. The wait is months- 3 months! I am down to about 80 pounds (36 kg. for those from UK reading this) from not eating because of anxiety/stress. I do force myself to eat but it is hard to gain weight. I sometimes feel overwhelming fear/doom. I hate to but do take anti-anxiety medications which I know are addicting. I meditate, exercise, do yoga, get acupuncture, get massage, go to therapy. I am still extremely anxious. This is to introduce myself . I look forward to joining a community of people who understand anxiety and fear. Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

nomorepanic
01-01-13, 04:10
Hi ladyworrier

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Baggs
01-01-13, 08:41
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

SamanthaAU
01-01-13, 10:44
Welcome to NMP - I hope this site is as a big a life savior for you as it has been for most of us xxx

Arnie365
01-01-13, 11:58
Hello and welcome. Hope you find all the support you need here