PDA

View Full Version : HElP

Hiffhin22
01-01-13, 04:58
Is it true you can give yourself an illness by thinking about it too much? Ive been worries about heart attacks and cardiac arrest all day and now im scared

---------- Post added at 04:58 ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 ----------

Please, anyone?

lisak789
01-01-13, 05:05
I'm always scared of that as well! I have an extreme fear of cancer and my doctor said what a person obsesses about they bring on! Don't know if I should stop worrying or find another doctor!lol

Hiffhin22
01-01-13, 05:12
Im so scared

---------- Post added at 05:12 ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 ----------

I imagine ud have to obsess over it for a long time

Gotagetthroughthis
01-01-13, 05:17
No you cant give yourself an illness by thinking about it. You can cause yourself a lot of stress and worry but thinking about your heart is not going to make you have a heart attack.

Arnie365
01-01-13, 05:55
No you can't! Panic and anxiety can't harm you though it doesn't feel like that at the time I know. For me it's constant worry about a heart attack so if it were possible I'd have had one by now!

I can't believe a doctor would say this tbh it's very irresponsible!

fruity
01-01-13, 09:59
I'm always scared of that as well! I have an extreme fear of cancer and my doctor said what a person obsesses about they bring on! Don't know if I should stop worrying or find another doctor!lol
i have a fear of my heart. but for your doctor to say that well thats just so wrong. he was either trying to scare you to make you snap out of youy ways or jus something else