PDA

View Full Version : Emetophobia and Stomach Flu season (trigger words!)

Potassium
01-01-13, 11:34
Hey there. I'm brand new here and currently I'm in a but of a state over a family member with this dreaded norovirus bug that is doing the rounds. Ever since I was young I've been petrified of vomiting and as I've gotten older it has became no better. In 2011 I got the bug, then appendicitis shortly afterwards so I vomited quite a bit, and became less scared from the experience, almost to the point of looking forward to vomiting (it made me feel better after my appendectomy op). It's now January 2013 and I haven't vomited since then so I am back to the old dreaded cycle. Besides ritual hand-washing and inhaling onion vapour, has anyone got any suggestions?
Hope everyone else has a better start to the year.

Jo21x
02-01-13, 20:40
Hey, I'm new here too and had the bug twice last year, in the summer. It's set something off and my stomach hasn't been the same since, so currently going through various tests to try and get to the bottom of it. I'm now absolutely petrified of getting it again! Ginger is really good as an anti-sickness remedy and generally digestive health, and you can easily get vitamin capsules from Boots. I've just started them, so hoping they ease symptoms :) could be worth a try!