PDA

View Full Version : what a start feel like cant breath

anx mum
01-01-13, 13:59
Sat here in tears feel like ive got no air and cant breath really dont know if this is anxiety or something physical going on cos everyday i get chest pain too ive had ecgs done all come bk ok one showed missed heartbeats. I really do feel like im going mad:weep:

fruity
01-01-13, 14:07
Sat here in tears feel like ive got no air and cant breath really dont know if this is anxiety or something physical going on cos everyday i get chest pain too ive had ecgs done all come bk ok one showed missed heartbeats. I really do feel like im going mad:weep:
no your not going mad. i,ve had my anxiety,s this morning. & i,ve just broke down it feels everything & everyone am against u. plus im missing my dad who passd away in march. you tell yourself everything will b ok but it,s the same every day. I,ve been having a few niggly chest pains. r u ok

anx mum
01-01-13, 14:17
Just been going on since start of november and it does get u down. Im sorry to hear about your dad:hugs:dunno it seems everyday is a struggle the docs think its anxiety and i know ive had this breathing thing before but everytime scares me then the chest pains sorry for the rant.

panickyme
01-01-13, 14:49
I'm sorry you don't feel well. I get like that sometimes, and my biggest worry is my heart. I've had all the test also, but HA just won't let me believe, that it is alright. Breathing is a huge symptom with panic/anxiety. (the more we concentrate on it, the worse it gets) try to keep busy and not focus so much on your breathing, and it should go away. Try to tell yourself, if you were not getting enough air, you would not even be able to type. Tell yourself I have been checked, and I am fine. Try to think positive, say it's just anxiety. Hopefully that will work for you. Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

fruity
01-01-13, 15:23
Just been going on since start of november and it does get u down. Im sorry to hear about your dad:hugs:dunno it seems everyday is a struggle the docs think its anxiety and i know ive had this breathing thing before but everytime scares me then the chest pains sorry for the rant.
i suffer with my breathing all sorts of breathing feelings. & at the moment i feel im breathing fast & my mind is just on it can,t focus on anything else. very hard. thank you

iamstrong
01-01-13, 15:30
It is anxiety. I don't suffer with chest pains anymore but used to all day long for several months. I still get breathless and that can make me panic more which in return makes me feel like I have even less air. I do honestly find yoga breathing helps a little bit.
I also find whatever it is I am most scared of I will get more symptoms of that. Ie I used to be scared of heartattacks and hence kept having chest pains. The symptoms I focus on now are all neurological.
Hope you are feeling better.

Arnie365
01-01-13, 16:04
Hi iamstrong, how did you overcome your chest pains?

I'm doing really well with meds and cbt and would say I'm at 90% acceptance that its anxiety and not my heart yet the chest pains continue!

I know I need to give it time but just to hear how you moved past your obsession with your heart would be good to know.

almamatters
01-01-13, 16:10
I posted about this the other week, feeling breathless when all tests (oxygen levels, bloods tests, ECG etc) are all fine. When I concentrate on my breathing, the symptoms generally start to get worse and I feel seriously panicky and hyperventalate. Distraction techniques work best for me, when I am busy I don't notice the symptoms as much.

Ella13
01-01-13, 19:47
Hey everyone i noticed a few of you have had the ECG tests done, how much persistance did it take for your doctors to give you an ECG? Ive been back SO many times about my chest pains/difficult breathing/palpatations and they said i have something called 'dysfunctional breathing' which apparantly is not dangerous and is to do with anxiety but im convinced its something more. Ive had blood tests, blood pressure, lungs and heart beat checked and everything seems fine. Did any of you go through the NHS?

Ats666
01-01-13, 20:01
I feel like this at the moment and its awful, im just on my way to work and im really struggling to cope, I can sympathise with you its a really horrible feeling :hugs:

Button1
01-01-13, 20:56
I'm struggling at the moment too. I don't have any advice as I'm in a bad place but having had anxiety for such a long time I can absolutely say that I feel exactly the same when I'm anxious. They are classic anxiety symptoms. Please try and focus on this being a problem with the way you think and not at all a problem with your body. When you are stressed and anxious your body floods with adrenaline and the symptoms you describe are the way your body reacts to that. But you are fine. It's difficult but keep taking deep breaths and focusing on staying calm. The calmer you are the less you'll feel so ill. I promise you you aren't going mad, you're just in the middle of a panic and it's all natural x

almamatters
01-01-13, 21:35
Hey everyone i noticed a few of you have had the ECG tests done, how much persistance did it take for your doctors to give you an ECG? Ive been back SO many times about my chest pains/difficult breathing/palpatations and they said i have something called 'dysfunctional breathing' which apparantly is not dangerous and is to do with anxiety but im convinced its something more. Ive had blood tests, blood pressure, lungs and heart beat checked and everything seems fine. Did any of you go through the NHS?

I had my ECG done at A and E when I went in with an infection , I'm not sure if my GP would have done it for me as he insists my heart is fine. x

anx mum
02-01-13, 11:26
I think the hospital have to do ecg if you go in with chest pain. Feel awful today had chest pain all night and woke up with it also got pain in my left arm really scared dont know whats going on:weep:

anx mum
02-01-13, 20:58
Just been to hospital cos all day today had awful chest pain and an ache in my left arm with pins and needles. Scared me the doc did another ecg and said it was ok and i was too young for heart problems im 33. Im scared why have i got pain in my left arm now with chest pain?

anx mum
03-01-13, 20:54
the breathing has started again:weep: i really dont understand this and its scaring me so much why cant i just b normal this is destroying my life