PDA

View Full Version : does anyone feel the same.. please help

zobo
01-01-13, 14:06
Hi im new to the site.. and could really do with some support.. feel like im losing my mind.. i have constant thoughts of not being real i look in the mirror and i dont connect with who is looking back at me..questioning the meaning of life and everyone around me are they real or in my mind i dont reckonize myself any more i dont know who i am or what im about..i think why do i love my fiance.. why does he love me what is love and feelings.. its driving me crazy.. i get emotional quickly and also have horrible intrusive thoughts about hurting loved ones and myself.. to the point it makes me sick.. if i see something horrible on the tele i think what if i do fhat... basically i question everything.. lots of what ifs and i dont know how to stop sometimes i feel like its to much to handle and i must be mad but most importantly i have moments where i love life and want to travel and have a family.. but all this is holding me back.. i cant look forward to anything properly i get racing heart and intense fear surge through my body.. will it stop please any words of wisdom would be great thank you for reading

fruity
01-01-13, 15:34
Hi im new to the site.. and could really do with some support.. feel like im losing my mind.. i have constant thoughts of not being real i look in the mirror and i dont connect with who is looking back at me..questioning the meaning of life and everyone around me are they real or in my mind i dont reckonize myself any more i dont know who i am or what im about..i think why do i love my fiance.. why does he love me what is love and feelings.. its driving me crazy.. i get emotional quickly and also have horrible intrusive thoughts about hurting loved ones and myself.. to the point it makes me sick.. if i see something horrible on the tele i think what if i do fhat... basically i question everything.. lots of what ifs and i dont know how to stop sometimes i feel like its to much to handle and i must be mad but most importantly i have moments where i love life and want to travel and have a family.. but all this is holding me back.. i cant look forward to anything properly i get racing heart and intense fear surge through my body.. will it stop please any words of wisdom would be great thank you for reading
welcome. you will get some good answers here & ther nice people too. hope you are ok. i get racing heart aswell. well i get everything. sometimes it,s hard to believe it,s anxiety. i always need reasuring..... you will be ok....

Baggs
01-01-13, 15:42
You have a fiance, you're real

zobo
01-01-13, 16:19
Thanks for your replys.. they have made me feel a little calmer now... my mom has just popped round and it has taken my mind i things a little.. just wanna be normal.. and dont want to worry them with my wierd thoughts and feelings they dont understand.. are my feelings anxiety or insanity

Pann
01-01-13, 22:36
Hi Zobo.

Welcome and lets hope you find some comfort and reassurance in the replies you receive.

I think you'll find most of the people on here have experiences some or all of the symptoms you mention. Your not going insane you in a state of anxiety.

I can relate totally with not recognising yourself in the mirror. for a few weeks, during the early stages of my anxiety, I was convinced I was someone else I did not recognise the person looking back at me and thought I was going mad. Even now some days I avoid mirrors as much as I can.

Anxiety has so many weird symptoms it just keeps throwing at us, you just have to remember that is all it is... another symptom. once you can accept that it takes some of the fear away. Its not easy and it wont happen over night but stay strong.