PDA

View Full Version : Terrible ms fear is back!

Anxious lu
01-01-13, 18:26
It's back, my horrible fear that I hae ms..

I get muscle twitches all over my body even in my eyes.
My muscles sometimes feel tight
I have been getting pins and needles in my toes on and off..
Today both my hands got severe pins and needles for about 5 minutes
My muscles sometimes jolt
I tremble a tad in a leg
I sometimes find myself short of breath

All these symptoms come and go but I am terrified I ha ms.. I have had an MRI with no abnormalities but that doesn't mean much does it..

I don't know what to do anymore I feel like all these physical symptoms keep popping up all over and it's driving me mad

nomorepanic
01-01-13, 19:17
They are all typical anxiety symptoms though and not MS

Until you get control of the anxiety these things will keep popping up. Are you doing anything to help with the anxiety?

Anxious lu
01-01-13, 19:38
Do you think I should just put them down to anxiety then is that the likely cause?

I was gettin phone councilling but with Uni and work I found it hard to keep up and I missed a few calls so they ended my help.

Thank you for the reply

nomorepanic
01-01-13, 19:39
You could try the No Panic telephone recovery course - that may help.

Anxious lu
01-01-13, 19:45
Oh right :-) what does that consist of?

nomorepanic
01-01-13, 19:50
An hour's telephone call once a week I think it is for 10-12 weeks.

Have a look on www.nopanic.org.uk (http://www.nopanic.org.uk)

Anxious lu
02-01-13, 00:31
I might give it a go.. I find it hard to kick myself up the bum

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

I just had a pins and needles feeling in the top of my leg like it was trying to creep over my body so I stood up. Got really hot and panicky then it went away. Does this sound like the start of an anxiety attack .. Creeping pins and needles x

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

I feel like something bad is going to happen tonight something isn't right[COLOR="blue"]

---------- Post added 02-01-13 at 00:31 ---------- Previous post was 01-01-13 at 21:17 ----------

nomorepanic
02-01-13, 00:35
I read this online for you:

MRI scans can show whether there is any damage or scarring of the myelin in your central nervous system. Over 9 out of 10 people with MS are diagnosed using an MRI scan.

So you had an MRI and it was clear

panickyme
02-01-13, 00:42
Classic Anxiety symptoms, I get the tingling a lot in my hands, fingers, feet, etc. You had an MRI, and that would of definitely showed if you had MS. That stinking impending doom feeling is for sure Anxiety, so many of us have had that symptom. I really think you are alright. Our thoughts have a powerful influence on our daily lives, but we can manage it, we have the power over our thoughts, choose to hold positive, rather then negative. Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Anxious lu
02-01-13, 11:36
Thank You your reponces certainly have put me at ease.. I need to chill out. I may as the doctor if there is any other cause, such as vitamin deficiency.

I currently have an annoyingly twitchy eye.. however I am trying to think positively as I was up every few hours last night Im most likely tired right?

panickyme
02-01-13, 12:25
Ughh I had that last week. My eye lid or something kept twitching. I think that happens when you are really stressed out. Really try to calm down, take it easy today, and get much rest. I think my eye does that when I am exhausted. Hope you feel better. :)

sahara
02-01-13, 22:40
I have known 2 people iagnosed with MS and none of those symptoms were ones they described to me x

Goldie1
02-01-13, 22:48
OMG...I can't tell you what a relief it is having found this sight, of course I'm sorry for you but it has made me feel so much better, I have had so many sympoms like you and I suffer terribly with anxiety, I thought I was going mad and the only one! Its so nice to know I'm not alone, I will try and sleep well tonight! X

Anxious lu
02-01-13, 22:53
Aw well that is the reason for this site so I'm glad you feel better.. It's comforting to know that I am not going mad either.. My boyfriend keeps saying its all in your head. I know for some part it is but the sensations by far are real!

Thank you for all the replies.. My left arm is incredibly sore and achy today which I have had before when my anxiety was high so maybe I am just exhausted :-( x