PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself . . .

WildestDreams
01-01-13, 20:35
Hi! I'm Doug from Wales. I was looking for a forum to talk about agoraphobia and similar issues and was glad to find this site. :)

My main issues are agoraphobia, panic attacks, O.C.D. and a few other things! :blush: I've felt anxious my whole life and have significant social anxiety but am slowly coming to terms with it. I'm even going to attend a counsellor training course next month although the thought of going to a classroom full of 30 people and staying there for three hours doesn't exactly thrill me! :scared15:

Well, just wanted to say hello. :) My name comes from the Iron Maiden song which I find really inspiring, I need every bit of inspiration I can get. :D

Doug.

nomorepanic
01-01-13, 20:46
Hi WildestDreams

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mark13
02-01-13, 00:06
Hi Doug

Welcome to the forum.

BobbyDog
02-01-13, 07:40
Wow, you are really facing your anxieties head on, well done you, go for it.
Stay positive.

ricardo
02-01-13, 07:55
Welcome Doug.

I have similar issues to yourself and have found NMP invaluable

xdavex
02-01-13, 10:47
Hi Doug , a warm welcome :welcome:

WildestDreams
02-01-13, 15:08
Hi, Nic! Hi, Mark! Hi, BobbyDog! Hi, Ricardo! Hi, Dave! :) Thank you all for your welcome. :D

That's good to hear, Ricardo. I'm sure I will find this site very helpful too. :)

Thanks, BobbyDog. I'm only just realising quite how important positivity is to getting better. Your Santana quote is beautiful. :yesyes: