PDA

View Full Version : getting to grips without meds

quinnell
01-01-13, 21:22
im new to this site but it seems its just wot i need i have GAD and have had it for at least ten years on and off its on at mo and im not coping to well ive been on so many pills over the years im all pilled out my mind doesnt seem to process them any more so im trying my best taao handle the anxiety with just my will power it can be very draining so when i have wot i call my black cloud over me its good to know that there are people who understand what im going through and thats a great relief for me,:flowers::yesyes:

nomorepanic
01-01-13, 21:32
Hi quinnell

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Emphyrio
01-01-13, 22:15
Welcome quinnell!

Like you I am no longer on any meds (decided to stop a low-dose of prozac in mid-November).

Have you looked at possible nutritional supplements? Magnesium is a good one - I'm currently taking 400mg magnesium glycinate a day and feel that it has lifted my mood (though maybe not the OCD intrusive thoughts) - though I'll see what happens to my mood in the next few weeks/months before I come to a definite conclusion. Forget magnesium citrate or oxide that you'd find in boots or Holland and Barrett - Magnesium Glycinate and Taurate are the way to go.

Also, cold water fish such as mackerel can help with mental health - as can b-vit supplements. Of course, good old fashioned exercise and talking therapies have their place too.

What medication were you taking before - was it just the side effects that were bothersome?