PDA

View Full Version : Hiya, I'm new here

xdavex
02-01-13, 03:03
Hi there, just to introduce myself really,
Hard to know where to start really, Okay; I'm Dave, 45 & from Birmingham.
I've struggled eversince childhood with low self esteem issues, the last 12 months have been more-so stressfull for a number of reasons.

I think the main stem reason being my social awkwardness in 'life's essentials' such as employment & making/retaining friends.
I had a sheltered upbringing, not being able to mix with people & join in with 'banter', I always condered myself 'odd' & people treated me as such, the workplace was a nightmare & I had a breakdown in 1995 at my then employment as a machine operater.

5 years ago, after a humilliateing day at another place work, I came home to research my symptons online (the internet was a godsend!) , typeing in something like 'social disfunction', I soon came to the conclusion I show many signs of having aspergers.

I'm awaiting a diagnosal for this via my GP, although my self esteem has taken a sharp dive during the past 12 months because of additional reasons, so-much-so, that I sleep a lot as a method of escapism & so I fell asleep so missed my recent appointment :doh: (awaiting to hear for another appointment).
I used to be enthusiastic about my hobbies & interests, but lately this has seriously dwindled, & I'm finding it harder to focus & multi-task.

Thats about it (basically), I'm hoping to recieve & also give any advice to what I can relate to other members here.
All the best wishes for 2013.

nomorepanic
02-01-13, 03:16
Hi xdavex

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

BobbyDog
02-01-13, 07:30
A very warm :welcome: to you.

Baggs
02-01-13, 07:42
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

ricardo
02-01-13, 07:57
Welcome to NMP, you will find many friends on here to discuss your problems which in turn will help you

xdavex
02-01-13, 13:13
Thanks for the welcomes :)

I've had a good look look around the topics of this forum & I'm impressed with the range of topics & helpful advice on here.
I hope to make some helpful contributions.

Heres wishing us all the best for 2013:yahoo: