PDA

View Full Version : Can't bear life at the moment. Meds to blame?

lyuba
02-01-13, 10:12
Hi, I'm taking 40mg propanolol daily for anxiety symptoms, together with 80mg fluoxetine for severe depression, and 125mg thyroxine for underactive thyroid. Was ok for a few months, but recently, have been feeling very tired & drowsy, have no motivation to do anything, and little interest in life. Also, I've been feeling slightly nauseous all the time & quite a lot of my hair is coming out when I wash it. I'm 57, but feel about a hundred most days. Any advice?

JodyAce
02-01-13, 10:52
Hi, Sorry to hear you are feeling like this and I know it must be hard to tell what is causing it. The symptoms you decribe can be associated with your Thyroid, so I would establish when your levels were last checked, you may need the Thyroxine adjusting. Similar things may need to be done to the Fluoxetine and Propranolol depending on the severity of your symptoms as that is a high dose of fluoxetine, and this could explain the nausea.
If you are female it may be worth getting hormone levels checked also or seek advice on lady style vitamins which may reduce the hair loss, but I wouldnt start anything before speaking to your Dr.
Most importantly- Hang in there. Today is Only One Day. Keep pushing yourself as you can, and dont be afraid to pester your Dr if you are not happy.
JodyAce:hugs:

lyuba
02-01-13, 14:32
Thank you for replying. Have booked appointment with GP at end of week- I hope that'll help.