PDA

View Full Version : Scared of cardiac arrest

Hiffhin22
02-01-13, 13:38
I suffer from ptsd, hypochondria, ocd (thoughts) and depersonalization,. I can feel every sensation in my body including loads of tingling sensation around my chest and heart, i had an ecg last night that they said was good. But that didnt comfort me as ive heard of people being completely healthy and still having cardiac arrest. I feel like all my anxiety is lifting now but this still bothers me.does anyone have any advice

fruity
02-01-13, 14:01
I suffer from ptsd, hypochondria, ocd (thoughts) and depersonalization,. I can feel every sensation in my body including loads of tingling sensation around my chest and heart, i had an ecg last night that they said was good. But that didnt comfort me as ive heard of people being completely healthy and still having cardiac arrest. I feel like all my anxiety is lifting now but this still bothers me.does anyone have any advice
i havn,t got any advise realy. because i,ve got a fear about my heart. it never leaves my head. im glad your anxiety,s lifting but is it realy. because you would not stil have concerns of the heart so much. but i realy do hope it,s lifting because it,s horrible to live with. xxxxx

Arnie365
02-01-13, 16:31
Hi I have this fear as well. I've had all the ecgs and blood test and chest x rays several times and got the all clear. The hardest part is accepting this but it's also the most important.

Through medication and cbt I'm now at about 90% acceptance that it's anxiety induced rather than a heart problem. My sympathetic pains have reduced as I have increased my acceptance.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not cured yet. I still get that instant panic when a chest pain comes on but I'm learning to control it better and use my cbt to control the thoughts and challenge them.

I would strongly advise some cbt therapy if you haven't already.