PDA

View Full Version : Can you split a propranolol tablet?? Pleaseee answer I'm deseperate to withdraw.

circle
02-01-13, 13:51
Basically, it's a 10 mg tablet

The little dark pink round ones.

I've noticed it has a split half way down only one one side though-Is this to break it??

If so how do you break it-I cant with my hands its to hard and small to grip also where shall I store the other half? like back in the batch??

Please help me I want to withdraw but I'm having trouble taking on alternative days so maybe I can take 5 mg instead??

I'm just afraid of splitting incase to much of it gets released at once if u know what I mean? but its a tablet not a capsule.

PLeaseee :weep::weep:

Pann
02-01-13, 14:16
Hi Circle.

I think you would be best giving your surgery a ring and asking to speak to your doctor.

Sorry I cant be more helpful x

circle
02-01-13, 14:17
Hi Circle.

I think you would be best giving your surgery a ring and asking to speak to your doctor.

Sorry I cant be more helpful x

Hey,

I know this sounds really stupid but I'm to scared to ring my doc, I just get all nervous and I've asked her so many Q's already! :(

Thanks for your response.

Pann
02-01-13, 14:29
I basically hound my doctor, If I'm worried about something I would rather ring and feel slightly embarrassed then maybe a little relieved rather then spend the rest of the day anxious.

Just ask yourself could it feel any worse then you feel right now x

pinkdove
02-01-13, 14:33
circle i have been on prpanolol, and have come off it without any problems, are you getting help from your gp in reducing ? yu can buy a pill cutter from the chemist, if yur gp says it's ok to cut the tabs.

dont worry about ringing as pann says, it is better to get the right advice, and they are used to people ringing them for advice all the time. take care xxx

circle
03-01-13, 22:39
circle i have been on prpanolol, and have come off it without any problems, are you getting help from your gp in reducing ? yu can buy a pill cutter from the chemist, if yur gp says it's ok to cut the tabs.

dont worry about ringing as pann says, it is better to get the right advice, and they are used to people ringing them for advice all the time. take care xxx

Thank you for responding.

If you don't mind me asking how much mg did you start off with?

Pann
04-01-13, 11:50
I started on 40mg twice a day, so far that's ok for me. only really went on them to stop the internal shakes and racing heart which it has done nicely. Didn't really want to go on meds but couldn't focus on anything except the shakes.

Did you ring your doctor? x

smileforawhile
04-01-13, 13:26
Hi Circle
I was prescribed 40mg propranolol to be taken twice a day to get me through some anxiety blips. I had to go back to the doctor after 4 or 5 days with symptoms of low blood pressure and she said I could stop the pills or half them to reduce the dose if I still felt like I needed them. So to answer your question, my doctor was happy for the small pink tablets to be halved. I would give your doctor a call or perhaps double check with a pharmacist? x

circle
04-01-13, 15:43
I started on 40mg twice a day, so far that's ok for me. only really went on them to stop the internal shakes and racing heart which it has done nicely. Didn't really want to go on meds but couldn't focus on anything except the shakes.

Did you ring your doctor? x

Luckily shes a good friend of my mums so comes over often.

She came over y.day and my mum asked her and doc seemed clueless really but she was like yh, its fine.

I split y. day and took half y.day and half today.

Please PM me It would be helpful to have someone to talk to going through a similar thing.

Dont want to take meds at my age..

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:42 ----------

Hi Circle
I was prescribed 40mg propranolol to be taken twice a day to get me through some anxiety blips. I had to go back to the doctor after 4 or 5 days with symptoms of low blood pressure and she said I could stop the pills or half them to reduce the dose if I still felt like I needed them. So to answer your question, my doctor was happy for the small pink tablets to be halved. I would give your doctor a call or perhaps double check with a pharmacist? x

Thanks for responding.:D