PDA

View Full Version : From one thing to another (heart related)

nj
02-01-13, 14:38
Been having mini freakouts for a few weeks since I saw a news report of how earlobe creases are related to heart disease.

Been slowly calming down, even going so far as to compare my lobes to everyones and discovered there are a lot of people with creases.

This morning, sitting around waiting to leave the house when I go to bite my cuticle a little when I noticed thin vertical lines on all my fingernails and would swear I heard that that is also part of heart disease. Of course I've been having all sorts of quick, needle like pains in my chest, shoulder and arms. Time to freakout again.

Does this ever end? Can't get to the doctor for at least 2-3 weeks.

Arnie365
02-01-13, 16:24
Hi nj

I'm pretty sure everyone has those vertical lines on their nails if they look close enough. I know I do and I know there isn't anything wrong with my heart.

It's taken me ages to get to this stage of belief though but if you have all the checks then your heart is fine.

Unfortunately we do this to ourselves over and over. The sooner you start accepting your heart is fine (if you've been tested which from previous posts I think I recall you have been) the sooner your symptoms will start to go.

My chest pains are getting less and less. I still have bad days when the doubt and negative thoughts creep back in and it's really hard work keeping telling yourself you are ok but the cbt is certainly working for me.

Trust me, accept anxiety for what it is and you will beat it.

Eek
03-01-13, 02:33
Both myself and my husband have these vertical lines in our nails, they're very common and not related to heart disease.

swgrl09
03-01-13, 02:36
i saw that same news story, don't you hate when they do that? got me a little nervous but somehow managed to push it out of my mind.

i do have those vertical lines on my nails. they can be caused by just simple trauma to the nail, some that you wouldn't even notice. most of the time i don't remember what caused them.

nj
04-01-13, 13:03
This news story has really wrecked me psychologically. I'm having my worst health anxiety in well over a decade. I don't doubt I need to take better care of myself, but now I wonder if I'm too late to undo any damage.