PDA

View Full Version : Hi again, a re-introduction....

paula lynne
02-01-13, 19:44
Hello all on NMP..:D...I was a member here for a long time and have been away for a while.....have been lured back to participate in the quiz.......anyone remember me? :hugs:

My history is.....was a neurosurgical nurse, just married the man of my dreams and had a baby back in 2000, and a week after the honeymoon had the biggest and most shocking panic attack, and went downhill very quickly from there. Agoraphobia took over very quickly. Hooked on valium (thanks docs), drank vodka for breakfast, lost my job, couldnt get help in those days where I lived, hubby distraught.......oh lord...its a bit too long winded to talk about......I moved away, back to Wales, and thank the lord my family remained intact although it was tough and go for a long time.

Im much better these days, living a quiet life, still rely on my trusty paper bag, into aromatherapy, making soaps and candles, do flowers for weddings and other special occasions, and am friends with several members here on FB. Apart from the first year on Valium, and a few weeks on anti-dep, I have taken nothing, and I am nearly 90% of the way there. (This from the woman who didnt leave her house for 7 months, wouldnt answer the phone, open the curtains, and locked herself in everyday...) .(Had this for 13 years now)..I left a while ago with this message, which I still firmly believe is true......stop trying to fight something you cant see. You wont win. Accept.....and go about your daily life as best you can. I can recommend several books, in time. :yesyes:

Other than that, its good to be back, and I look forward to hooking up with some old friends, and making some new.

Never give up. You are worth so much more than your anxiety. You CAN beat this. Great to be back. x
Love, Paula x

xdavex
02-01-13, 19:59
Hello Paula & welcome back :welcome: , you wont remember me , as i've only just joined this forum :yahoo:.

kittikat
02-01-13, 21:12
Welcome back paula lynne, I remember you :)

I am sure your experiences will continue to help others here, you are a very supportive lady as I remember :winks: nice to have you back!!

Kitti :hugs: xx

Baggs
02-01-13, 21:19
Welcome back

nomorepanic
02-01-13, 21:20
Welcome back Paula - lovely to see you here again.

paula lynne
02-01-13, 21:30
Hi all, glad to be here x
Thank you x

almamatters
02-01-13, 21:30
Welcome back Paula lynne, I have read quite a few of your post over the past few months. :flowers:

paula lynne
02-01-13, 21:38
Hi Almamatters, I hope they helped you, or served to show you not what to do? Nice to know you x (do you have a nickname?) x my poor old eyes and fingers......:)

almamatters
02-01-13, 21:39
Love the music chain Paula Lynne, thought it was you who started it!!

paula lynne
02-01-13, 21:54
Thanks Baggs x

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

Thanks Nic, gawd elp me x It was the quiz.........;)

---------- Post added at 21:54 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

Thanx Xdavex x

almamatters
02-01-13, 21:58
Hi Almamatters, I hope they helped you, or served to show you not what to do? Nice to know you x (do you have a nickname?) x my poor old eyes and fingers......:)

Generally just called Alma xx

paula lynne
02-01-13, 22:20
Hi Alma, nice to meet you x

oh no_1
02-01-13, 22:21
love the butterfly of freedom thing below your name.

paula lynne
02-01-13, 22:28
Thanks Oh no 1 x
I have a new one now, but will take me at least a week to get back into the forum, Im still learning the internet x

blue moon
03-01-13, 03:33
Hello Paula,Lovely to see you back on here
Love Petra xx:flowers:

paula lynne
03-01-13, 11:33
Hi Petra, nice to see you still here x

venusbluejeans
03-01-13, 12:23
you have been lured back? now who could have done that lol :winks:

good to see you back Paula

Emmz:flowers: