PDA

View Full Version : went into work and everybody is sick

swgrl09
02-01-13, 19:44
AGH I hate this! Just was worried enough about getting sick from family last week who were all fighting colds, now I go to work and both coworkers in my building have had week-long viruses and still are working! I want to put on a mask!!!!

I keep using hand sanitizer but now my skin is all dried out :blush:

Annie0904
02-01-13, 19:51
I hate it when people go into work sick. Some of them think they are doing so good still going to work when they are sick but they are really not being fair to others, especially when some people don't have such good immune systems.

Goldie1
02-01-13, 19:56
You poor thing, I know how you feel, I terrified of getting the dreaded norovirus, luckily am still on Xmas holidays but back to school & work on Monday, that's when my anxiety will be unbearable!!
I'm sure I've got OCD aswell as anxiety as I'm constantly bleaching taps and surfaces, like you my hands are dry and sore!
My husband thinks I'm mad, wish it didn't bother me, let's try possitive thinking!! Hope you keep well, really winds me up when people go into work & school when they're ill its just selfish x

swgrl09
02-01-13, 19:59
I am always bleaching the bathroom! People are selfish, they want to keep working but nobody here wants their illness!

I will be taking some extra vitamin C when I get home and hoping for immunity!!!

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:59 ----------

It's also sad when I am at my internship and the parents will send their kids into the program with fevers and throwing up, so we call to have them picked up and the parents won't come! So the illness spreads and the child is stuck feeling like cruddy dud too.

Goldie1
02-01-13, 20:17
Yes extra vitamins are a good idea, aloe vera is also good as its anti viral and has lots of vitamins and minerals etc in it, I've been taking extra pro biotics in the hope it will help protect me from the sickness bug!! X

swgrl09
03-01-13, 14:01
branching off of this thread from yesterday, this morning i went to the doctor for my lexapro follow-up. Well, there were FIVE people in the waiting room with masks on coughing and sneezing. The staff were sneezing. I mentioned this to the nurse who said yesterday they had 5 positive strep throat tests and 2 flus!!! AGHHH

panickyme
03-01-13, 19:27
Grrrrrrr. Same thing went back yesterday, and one of the girls I work with was out sick, well......... she came in today, after throwing-up all day and last night. (I am freaking out, I don't want to throw-up!!!!!!!!!) and then on top of it we have a handful of green nosed children. ( I never sent my children to school sick, I don't know why they do that) I definitely need a mask, and a can of lysol! (Helppppppppp) :)