PDA

View Full Version : itchy mole

sahara
02-01-13, 20:33
Sending me into blind panic, might have change arrgghhhhhh. STUPID HEAD :mad:

beauty2010
02-01-13, 21:10
Couldn't agree more. Horrible mole health campains are not good for those of us with an anxious and perfectionistic temperament.
You don't need me to tell you its probably fine. What I generally do (because I don't want to look a numpty by taking all my family's moles to Gp and Gp thinking I am an idiot) is just keep an eye on it for a few weeks and see if it actually changing.
Otherwise you could get GP or practice nurse to have a quick look and set your mind at rest.
Happy new year
B

cattia
02-01-13, 21:44
I have been to the Dr several times with various ones of these and they have always been fine. If you're worried, get it checked out but My Dr told me that usually bad moles are pretty obvious and people who don't have anxiety or monitor themselves would be able to spot them.

lo89
02-01-13, 22:37
Hey, I worry about moles a lot, I have a large itchy one which my dermatologist assures me 'is not the type which usually develops into cancer'
Take a picture of it and look again in a few weeks, if there is change go to the doctor!

sahara
02-01-13, 22:41
Thanks everyone, a little calmer now. I remember my Mums friend have melanoma when I was about 8 and ever since then I have been worried about my moles which also spread to my general HA!