PDA

View Full Version : panicy and feeling like i can't talk to anyone

grace.M
03-01-13, 00:54
so I'm feeling really panicy and I've been getting waves of it for an hour or so i haven't been in this situation for a while, but every time this happens i go into denial that i even have anything to panic about, i don't like getting friends or family involved because i feel uncomfortable talking about it, does anyone else get this? its been upsetting me i don't feel like i can talk about it, like ill just be told i shouldn't be feeling like this.

illgetthere
03-01-13, 01:12
Hi grace I get the same anciety is very lonely it stripes u bare and throws you out in the cold my partner very horrible when it comes to anxiety either untold to get a grip and move on but they don't u get it when my anxiety is high I have a constant wave running threw me pretty nasty tbh and takes days to come down I listen to claire weaks self help for your nervs her voice is so soothing hope you feel better soon xx

Kittycalm
03-01-13, 03:23
I know how you are feeling, Grace. Sometimes talking to my loved ones about it can make me even more anxious. . . So, I've started emailing two friends who I especially trust when I am feeling afraid and anxious.
The worst part about panic attacks is that we feel that we are alone, cause no one else is experiencing what we are. It can feel so lonely, and incredibly scary. Please know that you are not alone. I bet the majority of people here know what it feels like to panic.
You are going to be okay. I promise.
Our brain chemistry is weird, that's all. It tells you that there is impending danger when there is no such thing. It's just chemistry. We just have to remind ourselves of that. It's not real. I know how hard it is to remember, but as often as you can tell yourself that it's just anxiety, the better. You'll be alright.

grace.M
04-01-13, 00:26
thank you, i just find it really difficult coming to terms with the anxiety, i always have... and its made worse by a lot of people not understanding how i feel. i keep getting waves of anxiety and i think it will be a lot easier to talk about when i see someone about it so i understand too, at the moment I'm probably worrying so much because I've been doing so well for a few months to avoid panic attacks and in the last few days it feels like i can't even relax in fear it might happen

Kittycalm
12-01-13, 07:01
It's okay. I'm new here myself, and I think it's important that we have some sort of go-to when we are feeling panicky or anxious or afraid. I get so anxious and afraid, too. I finally brought myself to log in tonight, and I'm so glad that I did, cause I don't feel so alone anymore. But I do understand how lonely it can feel to have an attack, even when someone who cares about you is there. It's especially hard to articulate how I'm feeling when it's happening. It is frightening, like it's literally life-threatening, for me, and is made much worse by the fear of it happening! I get it too. Sometimes the attacks appear out of nowhere, and sometimes the more I think about it, the more they occur. Relaxing can be hard when you're really afraid. I know that feeling, too. I hope that you are feeling better. I do.